Chapter 8: He jumped out from the fucking window like Spiderman

"Kristina." He says looking at me.

"You?" My eyes widen at his sight. He's here. How could he be here? How did he get here in the neighborhood? Is he visiting a relative in this town? Moreover, how does he know my name? As far as I remember, I haven't told him my name back at our encounter in the park, and I even didn't know his. "What are you doing here?"

"I just heard someone crying over here. I thought they needed help," he simply replies, the concern clear in his voice. What! Crying? Did it happen that I got a baby brother or sister, I didn't know of, in my room, in the past twenty-four hours?

"There is no one crying in this room," I tell him creasing my eyebrows, incredulous.

He raises his hand up from where it was resting on my waist and reaches for my cheek. I can feel the wetness on my cheek as he wipes away the tears. "Sure." He chuckles. "So you gonna tell me what were you crying about?"

"I wasn't crying!" I yell at him -but not too loud, so I don't wake up my parents- wiggling in his arms, to escape from his grasp.

He is fast steadying me, as he tightens his hold around me. "Your red puffy eyes tell me otherwise, princess."

"I don't remember giving you the right to call me that," I tell him crossing my arms, looking directly into his eyes.

"Well you are the damsel in distress, and I'm prince charming who climbed up that tree to rescue you," he declares smirking.

"Prince charming?" I snort so ladylike of me, leaning my hands on the windows edge.

"You like it?" he asks, his smirk growing bigger, as I watch his muscles flex while stretching on the windows sides caging me between his arms. If I weren't in such a situation, I would have melted at the sight. His dazzling eyes are boring into mine as if they're waiting for something.

"You wish." I shove him hard in his muscular chest, but he doesn't move a bit. Instead, he approaches me more, as if it was even possible.

"Bad move, princess," he says that nickname again winking at me.

"Stop calling me that! Why did you even reappear in my life!" I tell him in an exasperated tone.

"What do you mean by reappearing?" He looks at me incredulously. Is he pretending we didn't meet before on purpose? Or is it one of his games?

"Oh, you know exactly what I mean."

"No. I don't." Oh. So this isn't him. Have I mistaken this guy for him? I look at him studying his face: shaggy brown hair, deep ocean blue eyes, pointy nose, pink lips, defined jawline... It is him. I couldn't be wrong. "Kristina?" he calls out, his lean body so close to me. He moves his hand lower so they're by mines, merely touching. I could feel the electricity. The sparks I felted back then when we danced.

Not moving my gaze from our merely touching hands, I ask the question that's been haunting me for when he first called out for me. "How do you know my name?"

"I-," and when I was about to have my response someone calls out for me.

"Honey? Is something wrong?"

Quickly, our eyes meet: mine are filled with panic, while his are filled with amusement. "Out!" I yell-whisper at him.

"How? I can't fucking fly."

"I don' know! Figure something out!" I shove him, hard this time so that he moves away and I am free from his hold. I could see my mother's shadow roaming under the door. My eyes widen when I see him silently mocking me with his eyes, while he watches me panicking. I jump fast in my bed and cover myself with my blanket, while I lower the light's intensity with the switch next to my bed. Suddenly I feel a weight beside me. My eyes grow wider, and I could see the door handle being pushed down. "What are you doing?!" Hastily, I bring the cover up, grab one of the pillows and thrust it on him, while I lay my head on my pillow.