Chapter 28: I am still wet

"What if we continue what we started down there?"

I don't bother responding I just hit him repeatedly on the chest so he can move away.

"I see you're a little feisty tonight. Might be from how much you drank. No?" He trails his lips along my neck and I'm still trying to make him budge. What is he made of? "How many drinks did you have again?" He keeps kissing. "Will it be enough for you not to remember anything that might happen tonight?" This time, I am stopped from struggling. He grabs both my hands and pins them above my head on the wall. "You move too much, you know that? You should keep still." He smirks holding both my hands with one, while his other skims my side.

"Stop", I try saying my throat tightening, "please".

"Mmm. I like it when you beg me." He smashes his lips against mine while his right-hand reaches under my blouse to my breast. Please no. No. I could feel a single tear rolling down my cheek, as I close my eyes wincing in disgust.

"Let's get rid of that. Shall we? It'll be easier." In a swift move, he gets rid of my leather jacket, leaving me in my crop top. "That's better." He smirks and starts kissing me again. Why can't I move? Why am I immobile? My legs are glued to the floor and I can't move them. I feel like my soul has left my body and is watching the scene from the corner of the room. His hand skims the waistband of my jeans before it makes its way in it. No no no no! Don't touch me!

"Scarlet!" I hear a voice from afar. "Scarlet! Wake up!" I just wish I could escape this. "Wake up!" Aiden? "Yeah, it's me Aiden."

I jump up with a start to be met by Aiden's worried face.

"Are you okay?" He asks me frowning.

I swallow hard, my mouth dry. It was just a damn nightmare. Why are those getting worse and worse lately? But this time, it was a different one. Not the old ones. Those were like flashbacks reminding me of the terrible things I did and endured. But this one is definitely the worst of them all. I can't imagine what would've happened if Aiden didn't wake me up. I don't want to imagine.

"Are you okay?" Aiden repeats, dragging me out of my thoughts. I shake my head bringing myself back to reality.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" I respond moving my gaze to him.

His hand extends reaching to me, and he wipes my tear-stained cheek with his thumb. When did I cry? "You were talking in your sleep." He says retracting his arm away. I look into his eyes, water dripping over them from his wet hair. He must have showered. His deep blue eyes are much warmer than Karter's cold blue ones.

"What was I saying?" I ask, worried about what he might have heard. I don't want him to think of me any differently. I don't want him to see me this vulnerable. I wipe my face with the back of my hand, removing any sign that I was crying in my sleep. I am not that thirteen years old girl anymore.

"Nothing much", he says giving me a small smile. "I'm guessing you want to shower?" he looks down at my hands. I do the same, and notice they're stained with mascara and makeup. So much for waterproof make-up.

"Of course", I shriek my eyes wide. I don't even want to know what my face looks like. But it can't be that scary since Aiden hasn't run away from me yet. No? "I think I should be going." I get up from Aiden's bed putting on my shoes.

"Don't tell me you're going home."

"Yeah. Why not?" I frown.

"I'm positive you don't want your parents to see you like this."