"So are you just uncomfortable?" He asked suddenly and I was surprised at his next move. He held my chin and made me look at him. I felt electrified when our nose touched. He was too close.

My breathing turned heavy and my heart hammered inside my chest. "Y-yah!" I tried to give space between us but he held my face in place.

I gulped as I saw his eyes land on my lips then back on my eyes. We stared into each other's eyes and I was suddenly lost with it. He leaned in closer and our lips were about to touch when a truck passed by. The sound of the vehicle made me realize what we were just about to do. My eyes got bigger as I felt my cheeks flush.

I immediately pushed him away and averted my gaze. I shifted on my seat and bit my lip. I heard Daniel say, "Ahh, how unfortunate." Then he clicked his tongue followed by his heartily laugh. I tilted my head away from his sight then shut my eyes tightly out of embarrassment. What was that just now? Damn it.

I cleared my throat before I calm myself. "You okay?" He teased so I glared at him. "Don't you dare make a move like that again Daniel, I swear." I tried to sound threatening as much as I could but this rascal just laughed at me. Why does he always laugh even though I'm trying to be serious? "Okay, then." He said.

"But I can't promise you anything." He added before chuckling. I rolled my eyes at him and mentally cursed myself for almost giving in. No, scratch that. I gave in, not almost. I sighed then tried to relax more. I can do it easily only if Daniel wasn't by my side. He is slowly killing me inside, I swear I even think he's aware of it. I don't want him to know how much he affects me but I'm afraid I'm too obvious.

We stayed silent after that but I'm thankful it wasn't awkward. It's just embarrassing for me. Daniel seemed unaffected by what almost happened earlier. Me on the other hand is still unable to process my own feelings. I feel embarrassed but then there's a slight feeling of disappointment? Don't tell me I wanted that kiss too? I mentally face palmed myself.

I tried to think of other things to distract myself. But the distraction I was expecting wasn't that good. The interaction between me and Minji suddenly came up. I turned to look at Daniel. I opened my mouth to ask him about what Minji said earlier but nothing came out. He then looked up at me so I mustered the courage and spoke.

"B-by the way, we're you on the mall this afternoon?" I asked, hoping that he'll answer no. His face fell at my question and he wasn't able to answer. He looked like he's in a deep thought and given by his silence, I think I know the answer. "Yes, I was. Why?" I suddenly felt my chest tightened at the thought of him and Minji together.

Were you with Minji, then?

I wanted to ask that but I couldn't bring myself to utter those words. "Nothing, just asking." I said before turning away. "What is it? Tell me." He added. I shook my head this time before repeating the word 'nothing'. I knew he doesn't believe me so he kept bugging me with it. "Come on, what is it? I know there's something bothering you." He said for almost the tenth time so it made me annoyed.

I was already in a foul mood when he said he was really in the mall earlier. His annoying question doesn't seem to help me with this sickening feeling inside my chest. "I told it was nothing!" I snapped at him. He was taken aback but I stood up from my seat and left him alone. This sudden mood change might seem childish but I don't know why I'm acting like this.

No, idiot you know why you're acting like this.

I rolled my eyes at my own thoughts. I can't possibly be jealous just because of that stupid thing. It's nonsense!

I heard Daniel call out to me but I didn't glance at him. "Saeron, wait!" He held onto my arm and stopped me on my tracks. I stared back at him blankly. "Don't be like this, please? Tell me what's wrong." His voice sounded so soft, so sweet as if he was talking to a little child.

And that's what I'm acting like. A child. This is so immature of me but I couldn't help it. I looked away and I heard his sigh. His hands slipped from my arms down to my hands. He held onto it and stared at me. He was about to speak but I spoke first. "Who were you with?" I managed to blurt out. He blinked a few times at my question but then he inhaled deeply as if he knew it was coming.

"Was that all you're curious about?" He asked. "Yes." I said and he nodded slowly and repeatedly. "I was with my friends and.. other people. I wasn't really in the mood to go out but they were annoying me so I just gave in." He finally said the answer to my curiosity. Those thoughts that were haunting me since this afternoon.

He must be really with Minji earlier but now I confirmed they weren't alone. And he said that he just obliged cause they were annoying him.

I felt relieved but I know I shouldn't be. I'm not in the position to worry about it anyway. I shouldn't be affected by these kind of things.

But why can't I help being affected when Daniel's involved?

__________

「 author's note 」

UPDATED FINALLY!

I was planning to post this after exam but I can't make you guys wait for that long. I'm sorry for the delays. I hope you enjoy! Thank you all so much for reading and voting and also I appreciate the comments so much!

ANYWAY DO ANTICIPATE FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER I'M EXCITED TO PUBLISH IT MWAHAHAHAHAHA DO U HEAR ME LAUGHING? I GUESS NOT. LOL

WANNA ONE'S DEBUUUUT!!!! ASDFGHKKL ENERGETIC IS SO LIT AF ALSO THE BURN IT IP Y'ALL I'M SO HYPED SINCE YESTERDAY OKAY I'M OUT! BYEEE!

- TEY

__________