Chapter 14

"Hehehehehe~"

"...Is that...Adrian?"

"It's me, Gem~"

Turning around from facing my window, I see the escentric, silver haired male. He was positioned right next to my closed door, and he was sitting on a rather beautiful coffin. His hand was in the process of grabbing another dog treat, in which I strolled over to and took into my own mouth.

Funny how being a cat demon, I still enjoy eating dog treats. In fact, this is a rather nice treat~ My neko form, which I was trying to contain, popped out and my tail swung contently. After finishing off the treat, a thought occurred to me.

"Hold up, isn't class still supposed to be going on?"

"Hehehe~ It's fine~ I used the assistant teacher as a substitute~"

"...Assistant teacher? You had one?"

"Just gone one in today~ Hehehe~ Though, I doubt he knows of demons and such~"

"....Poor guy. Oh well, so whatcha doing here? Is that my new coffin? Is it? Is it?!"

"Hehehe~ Indeed it is, deary~"

"YES!!!"

I jump in excitement while flailing my arms about. Then, in a bout of excitement, I pounce upon the unsuspecting male and eagerly wrap my arms around him in a tight hug. The reaper immediately stiffens up, as if unused to being the one hugged, but then slightly relaxes. Almost with just as much excitement, his arms also wrap around my smaller frame.

His warmth engulfs me, and it leads me to wonder why a reaper emits heat. A soft, almost unnoticeable without my cat like nose, smell of cologne cloaks around me. Then, beneath the nice smell, a more delicious and tempting smell floats about. It takes me awhile to place it, but once the answer comes to me, my eyes flash.

Slowly, I break off the hug and slightly back away. I send a smile a smile Adrian's way, but he seems to notice something is off. His hand reaches up and brushes his bangs away from his alluring eyes and looks at me with a more serious demeanor. His enticing appearance mixed with the easily detectable concern in his eyes left me speechless and temporarily distracted me from my current problem.

"Gem? What is it?"

"Umm... nothing much. No need for your concern~"

"Answer me, Gem. You're precious, and I need to know what's wrong."

"Nothing's wrong~"

"Really then~ It won't matter if I do this?"

Adrian dropped his bangs and moved so that he was right in front of me. He took my arm and pulled me into the coffin, which he opened when he stood up. He then lightly pinned me inside and smiled down at me.

At first, I was confused. Why would this matter? Then it hit me: all I can smell now is his blood. The smell of his blood overpowered my senses and my mind wondered briefly to the time I tasted is blood. My eyes glowed their pink color and my neko features still promptly. I can not afford to to move closer to him... I have yet to work on my self control. I've never really had much self control...

*Flashback*

Yuki starts crying and comes closer to me. My sanity at once left me. A delicious, weak prey is right in front of me. It would be bad to leave a good meal waiting. . . . She struggles, but the only result that she gets is a more savage bite. Yuki's struggles begin to die down as her blood flows into my body and heals my wounds.

*End*

My breathing picks back up as I recall the incident... the incident that changed my entire life's course... the incident that about ended my younger sister's life. I can't... I can't have it happen again. I-I don't wanna hurt anyone... I can't... I can't lose control again.