The ball

Graces Pov

Sofie helped me into the beautiful red dress shadow had given me and done my hair so beautifully. It was loosely curled and fell around my face perfectly.
"Oh Sofia I can't thank you enough for all your help" she only gave me a weak smile and a nod.
I didn't take her response personally she was always shy when I spoke to her I just smiled back and pulled my high heeled shoes on. How I was going to walk in these all night was a mystery to me.
I then placed the engagement ring shadow had given me over my left ring finger and admired it for a few moments. Oh it was beautiful and the emeralds reminded me so much of the princes eyes.
I sure never had confidence In myself at all really I found myself particularly unattractive but looking at myself in the mirror this evening I didn't even look like me I looked like someone else. Someone far prettier than Grace Rivers.
All I had to do tonight was remember everything Shadow showed me last night like which cutlery to use and the small amount of dancing skills he gave me.
"You'll be fine grace stop worrying" I whispered to myself and left my room heading to the princes study.
I knocked lightly and pushed open the door with my eyes casted to the floor.
I heard his intake of breath and then I felt him standing in front of me. He placed his finger under my chin and forced me to look at him.
" you look incredible my dear. Sofia truly has done a great job on you." I could feel my cheeks reddening at his words.
"Thank you master" as soon as I spoke them words I felt his hand clamp over my mouth. "This evening you will refer to me as your beloved or by my first name. Am I clear"
I nodded sharply under his grip and he let me go. It scares me so much how he can change from being sweet and almost nice to nasty and rude in a matter of seconds.
"Good." He strolled over to his desk adjusting his tie as he did. I finally got a good look at him and wow did he look breathtaking his suit fitted him perfectly clearly showing the well looked after body beneath and his hair was in his signature quiff I'd become so fond of. I gasped when I noticed the ring he wore on his own left ring finger it was similar to mine with the diamond centre but the stones surrounding the diamond weren't emerald like mine they were a cold blue colour which almost matched my eyes but I brushed the thought aside I doubt it was for that reason. Even with all the stones on the ring it still managed to portray power and be very masculine at the same time.

"We will be leaving in the next ten minutes and tonight I expect good behaviour and only for you to speak when spoken to" he stated and then exited the room leaving me standing there alone.
I brushed his coldness of and decided to wait for our escort at the door that way he couldn't shout at me for wondering of. Tonight I will impress him and show him how obedient I can be.
I smiled to myself and fiddled with my fingers till I felt the princes presence in the room with me.
"It's time to leave Grace" he outstretched his hand for me and I took it willingly and he escorted me to the long black limo which awaited us.
Shadow help me inside and closed the door behind himself. "I'm sure that my family and the elders will love you and bless us but they will ask questions after all you are a human they might ask how we met and all I want for you to say is a night club. Clubbing is a very human thing am I correct ?" He was looking at me as if he really didn't know the answer to his own question.
"Eh Yes but I'm only sixteen I'm not even aged to be in a club" I stuttered. "The elders don't know the details of human laws frankly they don't care but yes a club seems the most suited and tell them we hit it of from there" he looks very confused about human ways of life as he spoke and it dawned on me he probably didn't know what a teenage human does he's a prince after all and much much older than my generation.
"Your thoughts are correct I do not spend my time socialising with your kind Grace I only use them as a food source." He flashed his fangs at me and I shuffled away uneasy.
He grabbed my hand "I didn't mean to frighten you my Grace I was only telling you the true no I have never been to such an event as a night club but... eh maybe I could take you one night. After we are married of course" he mumbled and I knew it was to put my mind at rest but I appreciated the thought.
"I would like that." I smiled the. Turned to glance out the window. This was the first time I had been out his home in the short time id been there and the world had never looked so beautiful and inviting.

The limo soon pulled to a stop and shadow was then helping me out and to my feet. "Now remember you will be the main event of this evening you are after all the next queen everyone will be looking at you but don't worry I will be with you every moment." Oddly enough I believe him I believe he wasn't going to let any harm come to me tonight so I smiled and wrapped my arm around his as we proceed into the main hall.

Shadow was right the second we both walked in all eyes turned to us and then the whispers began. I attempted to pay no attention and kept my gaze to the floor and clung to shadow for dear life.
He lead me through the crowds and to the top table were men who resembled shadow greeted us.
"I didn't expect a bride to be found so soon son" so this was shadows father. The king was taller than myself and his eyes were a blackish blue colour. I expected him to be old and grey but boy was I wrong this man looked no more than forty.
"Yes father Grace here has been in my life sometime and I thought who better than to spend my life with than her. Of course she shall be turned the night of our wedding it seems only fitting dont you agree." He smirked.
"Isn't that romantic not exactly your style is it brother I always thought you were more of a screw um and lose um kinda guy" the other man laughed but with a hint of annoyance in his voice.
"Grace this is my younger brother Blade who is a bundle of joy as you can tell"
"Fuck off shadow"
I laughed softly as the brothers argued and hadn't even noticed the king had left them clearly he didn't want to listen to his sons pointless bickering.
"Grace Might I be so bold as to as you for a dance" blade suggested and offered me his arm.
Shadow glared at me as if to say "don't move" but I smiled apologetically at him and accepted Blades offer.
Blade lead me to the dance floor and waited for the next song to begin. I placed my hands in the right places as shadow instructed yesterday and let blade lead me across the dance floor.
"So what is a beautiful young lady such as yourself doing with my pathetic big brother ?" He asked me.
"He isn't pathetic sir and it is because I love him" I whispered remembering our relationship must look real.
He spun me around and whispered In my ear "lies! My brother isn't capable of love and especially for a human." I gasped at his words and twirled back round into his grip and continued our dance around the floor.
"I know you are lying my lady and I know what he's up to but please I beg of you not to trust him." Suddenly I felt the impulse to let go of blade and return to shadow.
"Oh I see he's already corrupted your mind but mark my words he will not ever care for you like....." He stopped and bit his lip then continued. "others could"
I was about to respond when I felt strong arms wrap around my waist. "Stand down Blade and leave her alone" it was shadow and I felt safe again I felt safe in his arms for some unknown reason. "Come Grace" shadow pulled me from the dance floor and passed the crowds of people bowing to him as we moved past them. We ended up in a dimly lite corridor alone together.
"Don't believe him Grace his words are lies I heard it all and they were lies." He pushed me up against the wall and kissed me ferociously.
It took me a moment to register his lips on mine and they felt so right so welcoming I found myself kissing him back.
"Grace I want you. I want you so much it's killed me seeing all the lustful gazes you were receiving. I want you Grace Rivers." He mumbled in between kisses and truthfully I wanted him to.
As quickly as our kiss began it stopped.
"Wait here my Grace and I will be back for you in a matter of moments I must deal with something before I return it is of urgent importance I deal with it now" he told me breathlessly.
I nodded and smiled at him taking his face in my hands.
"I will wait for you Shadow" I whispered and then he was gone and I was left alone with my heart swelling for my Master.
.......
O.M.G
SOOOO WHAT DO YOU THINK OF BLADE DO YOU THINK HES RIGHT WHAT DO YOU THINK HE WAS GOING TO SAY TO HER THEN HE STOPPED HIMSELF SAYING IT ON THE DANCE FLOOR ?????
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF SHADOW AND GRACES KISS ????? WHAT DO YOU THINK SHADOW HAD TO DEAL WITH AND WHY HE HAD TO LEAVE GRACE ???????
DID ANYONE NOTICE HOW HE CALLED HED "MY GRACE" AT THE START OF THE CHAPTER EVEN BEFORE THE BALL OHHHHHHHH WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK HONEST OPINIONS AND THANKYOU TO CRAZIE4LIFE AND LYNNZY99 THANKYOU ALL AGAIN LOVE YOU ALLLLLLL
Xxxxxxxxx
Comment and vote x