||Chapter 42~Glad To Be Back||

||Damon's POV||
It wasn't hard to figure out the rest.
We knew it was Sebastian, and I got all of his addresses within the snap of my finger. He had 9 fucking houses in New York and one a little bit further away.
Me, along with the police went and looked in all 9 of them, but found nothing. We figured out it was the last one, a luxury house in the middle of the woods. And yes, she was there.

I was surprised, shocked and worried when we found her. I saw it. I saw how the kitchen looked. It looked like a murder scene. With Sebastian lying on the bloody floor with a knife in his chest and Natalie lying unconscious on the floor. They took me out of there and I wasn't allowed to see her until the ambulance came and we drove to the hospital.

What I found out, was heartbreaking.
After all the hours of tests and everything, I found out she was raped. Abused. Manipulated and tortured.
Raped.
That son of a bitch raped my baby girl.

I felt such guilt and anger I couldn't face her.
How could I've let this happen?
I sat in the waiting room along with Xavier and we waited. I don't know for what. I knew she was just a few rooms away, sleeping, but I couldn't see her. She must hate me.
I sat with my hands on my knees.
"I promised I'd keep her safe, Xavier. And look what happened. It's all my fault-"
"Look man, it's not your fault. You didn't know Sebastian would kidnap her and do all those things to her because if you knew you would've stopped him-"
"But I knew he wanted her! I ignored when he told her she would be his and I let it slip! I'm so fucking stupid, man. He was right under my nose... she probably hates me. She definitely hates me. I can't see her, I can't look her in the eye."
"Look, she went through a lot. A lot, Damon. She needs you right now, more than ever. The police said she had to kill him to defend herself. I don't think you should worry about her hating you right now. She loves you, and she needs you. So get your ass up there and see your girl." He clapped me on the back and I took a deep breath. He's right. I got up and headed towards her room.

||Natalie's POV||
I opened my eyes slowly as I felt a cold hand on mine. It was Damon. I saw how worried he looked, but deep in his eyes I saw anger, hurt and... guilt.
He gave me a cracked smile and I returned one.
He drew circles on my palm with his thump.
"How are you feeling?" He asked softly.
"Emotionally or physically?" I said with a cheeky smile. The answer for both is: awful.
"Babe, I'm serious. I'm so sorry this happened to you, I know you must hate me right now because it's all my fault but I want you to know I'm here for you and-"
My face was covered with confusion.
"What? Damon, hold on... What happened, is not your fault. No one saw it was coming. And there's no way I'd hate you, Damon. I love you, I never stopped loving you and I never will... I missed you." He leaned closer to me and stroked my cheek gently. I ignored the horrible flashbacks of when Sebastian did it and closed my eyes. He kissed me. His lips were full of worry and sadness. Sebastian. I pushed Damon away suddenly. My heart beat fastened and he looked at me confused.
"I-I'm sorry, I just-" I couldn't find the words.
"It's fine, babe. You just need time, I'm sorry I shouldn't have-" He looked me in the eye and I knew he was hurting, too.
We sat there for a while in comfortable silence, enjoying each other's company.
"The doctor said he'll sign you off in two days, he wants to keep you in observation and we... we got you a... psychologist. He's quite an expert in those kind of things you know... it's just to help you cope with... the kill... and the events that took place. Is that okay with you?"
I bit my lip.
"I don't know. I mean, I guess it could be helpful. I might give it a shot." Yep. These things are already hunting me, I could use some help.
Damon nodded his head and let out a big breath of relief. He held my hand with both of his hands.
"I'm so happy you're back. It was awful without you." He said looking at me.
"I'm glad I'm back too." I said silently under my breath.
I studied his beautiful features. His perfect sharp jawline, his full, lustful lips, I smelled his addicting aftershave.... it was all him. Damon, my love.
I'm glad I'm back too.

**********
A/N
Short chap, sorry. Next one's gonna be longer :)))