||Chapter 21~Strength||

I throw chapters today like crazy
⬆️Natalie's dress for when Damon's taking her out.
*************

My eyes widened as I looked at Damon.
"You didn't have to!" I said with a smile and he shook his head.
"Of course I did, babe. But you're not getting it now, though."
"When, then?"
"This afternoon when I'm taking you out." He said and I smiled like crazy.

I took a shower and put on my dark jeans and a slightly oversized dark red shirt with mid sleeves. I let my hair down and applied the same red lipstick as my shirt.
I headed down for breakfast.
"Morning." I greeted and took a place next to Damon's grandma as it was the only space free. She smiled to me and resumed eating. I got smiles and good mornings from most family members and one longer smile from Xavier. Opposite me was Joy and next to her was Xavier and uncle Nate. Damon sat opposite his mother on the other side of the table along with his grandfather. Some people exchanged presents but what can you give to people that already have everything?
"I heard what happened last night. The police was searching the woods all morning and they found nothing... it must be hard for you." Joy said to me as everyone was having their own conversations.
"Well, I know I'm in good hands. I just hope they catch that creep, I can't help my curiosity if I know him, I really want to know who he is." I explained and she smiled, she was quite nice.
I ate some pancakes with syrup and Damon's grandma turned to me.
"Natalie, you seem to be the only smart person in here." She started in her old voice and I chuckled slightly.
"I was wondering if you might want to help me with my phone, I can't open my Facebook." She has Facebook?
"Of course, ma'am. Is it here?" I answered politely.
"Just call me Lia, darling. And no, it's in my room, if you mind."
"No, not at all." I said and we both stood up. Damon's eyes shot up at me and I gave him a it's-okay look.

"And after you write your name and password, you just press log in, right here. And here you go, you're in." I said giving the phone to Lia.
"Oh this technology these days, when I was your age we didn't have such phones and things like Facebook, we sent letter and...." she went on for a while and I tried to look interested.
"Damon must be very lucky to have someone like you. I remember when he was a little boy, he always had anger issues and always wanted to have control over everything. He was also always the smartest. It's good to know he finally started to settle it." She explained and I gave her a weak smile.
Damon and anger issues? What a shocker...

Me and Joy went out for a walk with Bruno later on, I actually got to know her and she's really nice and kind-hearted. She just falls in love too easily and gets her heart broken often. She loves maths, which was surprising, and she loves Lana Del Rey.

After spending some more time with Joy, it was already 4pm. I wondered when is Damon going to take me out.
Then, I felt my phone vibrate and I saw that I got a text message from Damon.

Be ready at 5:30. Wear something nice.
-The man of your dreams

I chuckled and put my phone away.
I should probably start getting ready.

I entered the empty room and looked into my suitcase.
Fuck. I have nothing to wear.
Of course I did, I packed clothes for every occasion. Just gotta look for it...
I finally settled on a darker red, tight dress which I haven't worn before.
Okay, here we go.
Shower + shave.
Lotion.
Blow dry hair.
Curl hair. (I just let them down)
Brush teeth.
Paint nails.
Foundation.
Eyebrows.
Mascara.
Lipstick.
Perfume.
Jewelry. (Xavier's necklace and matching earrings.)
More perfume. (This shit always disappears quickly.)
I cursed under my breath when I noticed it was 5:20. Just on time!
I put my heels on and looked in the mirror.
A few months ago I could only dream about looking this good.
I took a deep breath and exited the room.

As I walked through the corridor, I nearly bumped into Jennifer, (that nasty ass aunt). She eyed me up and down.
"Look, Natalie, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said the things I said and I truly am sorry for your mother. I was just pissed off at Joy for the wedding, I just lost my temper. I'm sorry and I hope we can look past that." She explained.
"It's alright, Jennifer. I also said things I didn't mean. I'm sorry too and it's okay, apologies accepted." I smiled and tried to walk past her but she stopped me again.
"I felt really bad about it and I even got you a present to make up for it." She explained and I tilted my head.
"You didn't have to-"
"I know but I when I saw it I thought it really suited you. Please, take it." She said as she took out a small black, jewelry box. I opened it and saw a simple silver bracelet with words 'strength' curved into it.

"When you talked back to me, it really felt like you could defend yourself and it showed that you are strong

"When you talked back to me, it really felt like you could defend yourself and it showed that you are strong. You really showed strength and well, I hope you like it." She explained and I smiled widely.
"This is beautiful, Jennifer, thank you. Of course I like it!" We both chuckled and I put it on and it looked good on my wrist.

I saw Damon by the doors, waiting for me. He spoke with Xavier and then turned to me and widened his eyes.
Ha, he thinks he's the only one with a Christmas present.