Chapter 5: Tunnel Vision

Start from the beginning

“Jayme come on! We need to get going!”

“I’m coming!” She yelled back as she climbed down the ladder. When she got to the bottom a loud noise came from the change room. The men had got inside the change room and were looking around for the group. They looked all around the change room then one of the men saw the hole and said,

“Look! I bet the little shits went down there!”

“I bet your right!” The other man agreed. He looked down the hole then started to climb down. Jordan had his gun out and was waiting for the man to get into his sight. When the man came into view Jordan shot him, making the man fall off the ladder. The man at the top of the hole heard the gun shot and freaked out when his partner fell down the hole.

“No! Tyler!” the man called down the hole, “You fucking assholes better run! Cause when I find you I’m going to kill every last one of you!”

The man ran away from the hole, giving the group a bit more time to escape. They ran threw the sewers and as far away from the school as possible. William was desperately trying to keep up but he was having some difficulty keeping up with the pace.

“Slow down, you guys!” Will said breathing heavily, “I can’t keep up with you guys.”

“We will try and slow down a bit for you William”, Martin stated as the group slowed down, “But we can’t go to slow or the men will catch us.”

“I can help push you daddy!” Pablo offered as he walked towards his dad.

“No it’s ok Pablo. Daddy can keep up”, Will stated as he wheeled forward, “Go walk up ahead.”

“We can’t really walk that much farther”, Martin stated as he looked ahead of him, “There is no more path for us to walk on. We are either going to have to wade through the waste or head back.”

“Well we can’t head back, the men will catch up to us”, Jordan said as he looked around for a way across.

“Look there is a wood pallet just up ahead”, Raymond pointed out, “I can go get it. Then you guys can go across without having to touch all of the crap.”

“If you’re fine with it then go do it”, Martin stated in disgust, “I sure as hell wouldn’t do it.”

“I’ll be fine”, Raymond said as he slid into the river of human waste. He walked about five feet forwards than stopped dead in his tracks. He leaned over and threw up. He wanted to go back, but he knew that if he didn’t do this all of his friends would be caught by the men. So he pushed forward, and eventually he made it to the wood pallet. He grabbed it and started to walk back. He almost made it all the way back when he threw up all over the pallet. He continued to walk to the gap between walkways than held the pallet. He said, “Okay everybody, go across!”

So the group walked across the pallet to the other walkway. Once everybody was across Raymond got out of the waste and climbed up onto the walkway. He was covered from his elbows to his feet in human waste.

“Well let’s keep on going”, Ray said as he tried to not pay attention to the gross waste that was on him. So he kept walking through the sewer just like the rest of the group. The group started to walk a bit faster again which made Will start to fall behind again. He tried his hardest to catch up but he couldn’t wheel his wheelchair fast enough. He was about to call out to the group when something grabbed his wheelchair.

“What the hell?” Will yelled as he looked behind him. There he saw a man with a gun holding on to his wheelchair. The man pushed the gun up against Will’s head and wrapped his arm around Will’s neck. He pulled Will out of his wheelchair and yelled,

“Listen up, Shit Brains! I want all of our supplies back or I shoot the crippled man’s head off! And if any of you get any funny ideas I will also shoot this dumb shit’s head off! So if you want your friend to live than you better give me all of my damn stuff!”

Jordan, Ray, Josh and Martin had their guns pointed at the man, but the man didn’t seem to care. He kept pushing the gun harder and harder into Will’s head. Pablo started to cry. He couldn’t handle seeing his dad like this. It was the worst thing he had ever seen in his life.

“The man looked at Pablo and said, “Look! The poor kid is crying. Just give me the supplies and cripple doesn’t have to die.”

“Don’t listen to him you guys. You need those supplies more than you need me. Just keep Pablo alive and everything will be fine”, Will told the group, “Do as I say.”

“Shut the fuck up, Cripple!” the man said as he tightened his grip around Will’s neck, “Now give me my damn stuff!”

Pablo looked at the man then looked at his dad. He paused there for a moment than pulled out his gun. He blindly pulled the trigger and yelled, “Don’t hurt my daddy!” The bullet hit the man in the leg. The man grabbed his leg than pushed his gun into William’s head. He looked at the group, smiled, then said,

“Rest in peace, Cripple.” The man shot Will in the head. Will dropped to the floor as blood gushed out of his head.

“DAD!” Pablo screamed as he ran towards his dead dad. He looked at him and tears started to flow down his face. He started to hug Will even though blood was pouring out onto him. Martin ran over to the man and shot him. He then turned towards Will and kneeled down beside him. He sat there for a bit then said,

“Let’s go. The exit is up ahead.” He picked up Pablo and started to walk towards the exit. Pablo was kicking and screaming as Martin carried him to the exit. Pablo didn’t want to leave his father.