Chapter 17 *Edited*

The path winded its way through the trees and bushes, reflecting the intermittent street light in the evening dampness.

The silence was deafening.

Lu Han's fingers were interlaced with Sehun who to his surprise didn't smoke. He had other things to worry other than his unhealthy addiction. He held Lu Han's hand firmer. One finger was gently rubbing his palm up and down. It would have never crossed his mind that tonight was the night. Sehun wasn't ready but Lu Han said that he couldn't stay in the college. He kept on saying that Jongin was behind his back and was ready to murder him. 

If Sehun would let him completely move into his apartment then Lu Han would feel safer. That was why they were on the way to Lu Han's house to get his clothes and all the other belongings. He asked Kris and Tao to get their car so they could later on transfer the suitcases packed with Lu Han's stuff. Tao didn't really mind. Kris was bothered though but still gave in.

The only lightening of the park were the depressed street lamps scattered around the park that barely lit up. As they went further into the park, the sounds of the city died away and its place was full of whispering leaves. The soft crunching noise under their feet grew louder and louder while they walked through the wide snow covered area.

"Sehun..." Lu Han was afraid of everything. That Jongin was after him and the visit to his parents. He couldn't. His parents didn't want anything to do with him. They didn't have a son anymore. How would they react if he would show up with Sehun? His mother was already familiar with him. They were obviously on bad terms. But his father didn't quite know him though his mother must have told him. She was probably exaggerating and changing the story a bit to make his father hate him too.

The branches were swaying in the coming and going wind. The air was chilly, blowing directly onto Lu Han's desperate face. He had a feeling that someone was mocking him. As if he was being watched over someone.

He clearly heard a chuckling sound which caused him to quickly turn around.

It was Jongin's voice. It was. Lu Han let his eyes wander to every direction. Why was he there? Did he follow them? Or was it time for Lu Han? No, he didn't want that. Instead of holding hands with Sehun he removed his hand to envelop both arms around Sehun's strong arm. He shivered from the cold but also from horror. 

Sehun was confused, seeing that Lu Han turned his head every two seconds around. He also shook his head and muttered over and over again something under his breath. When Sehun turned around to find out what interested him so much, he was disappointed. There was nothing but trees. Was the darkness so scary for him? 

He decided to not ask. It was probably nothing but it bothered him a bit that Lu Han was talking to himself. He clung onto Sehun's arm, pressing it against his chest. He was shaking more than before. Did something happen? He was about to ask but Lu Han cut him off.

The shorter looked up with his shining eyes and quivering lips.

"S-Sehun....d-did you just hear that?!" He choked out holding tighter on tighter onto Sehun whose arm started to seriously pain. 

"No I didn't." He answered calmly, now understanding why Lu Han was so worked up. He still believed that Jongin was following him. He was probably hearing and seeing things that didn't exist. He was so frightened that he kept on imagining things related to Jongin. Though they weren't real, that's why he asked Sehun if he saw it too.

Lu Han pressed his head against Sehun's shoulder and began to whimper. "S-Sehun.....J-Jongin...is calling my name....he's here somewhere…" Those calls messed with his brain, he didn't want to listen. He wanted him to vanish. He wanted Jongin to leave him alone.