Chapter 13 *Edited*

In that moment, Lu Han could sense nothing but the support and tenderness Sehun offered with his strong, masculine frame. The scent of his cologne lingered as his fingers went under Lu Han's shirt and caressed softly his flat stomach. His arms embraced him from behind and held his waist.

Two hours passed after Lu Han had to talk about Baekhyun. It was hard for him so Kris said that they should continue on another day. They wouldn't get much information out of Lu Han if he was a crying mess. He wasn't in a good state for conversations either. Kris, Lay and Tao left so Lu Han and Sehun were alone. 

Sehun told him to get some rest but he refused to sleep without anyone with him. He was scared that something might happen to him which more or less forced Sehun to sleep together with him on Hyuna's bed.

He squeezed Lu Han gently and firmly to let him know, that he was still awake. Lu Han inhaled slowly, enjoying the smell which Sehun was giving off. He had grown used to the scent after Sehun touched and hugged him a lot. Although it contained a hint of smoke, Lu Han couldn't define what it actually smelled like– but it was good. Knowing that Lu Han was probably thinking about him, Sehun glanced down at the sleeping boy and decided to not let him rest undisturbed.

He trailed his fingers down Lu Han's arm, pausing momentarily to admire the frail limb, and then brought his hand up to cup Lu Han's cheek. The latter enjoyed it. He was half asleep but could feel the warm body pressed against him and the steady heartbeat thudding against his back.

Sehun leaned down slowly and kissed the top of Lu Han's head. Lu Han was now fully asleep, not perceiving what he did. Lu Han without thinking settled back against the pillow, closed his eyes firmer, and tried to think of anything but bad memories. He mumbled nonsensical Chinese sentences in his sleep which caused Sehun to pause. 

"Trying to act cute huh?" He cracked a grin before he pressed a soft kiss on Lu Han's neck. He could taste his skin, gliding his tongue softly up the length of his neck. He placed his hand on Lu Han's lower back slipping one hand down the back of his borrowed pajama pants. The innocence showed on Lu Han's sleeping face, the peaceful and tranquil dreams blocking out the dangers of the outside.

The soft breathing which made the world seem to stand still. 

For a moment.

Sehun you are too quiet.

Why don't you ever talk?!

You are useless!

Stop clinging on Kai!

His calm appearance slowly changed as his face contorted in an all - consuming anger; his eyes were closing into slits. He didn't want to hear it. Those accusations and insults. It was the past so why was he still hearing those voices?

Looking down on Lu Han, his hands closed into fists and he crouched forward, daring the voices in his head to repeat once more the words that had torn his already damaged heart into pieces. But after seeing Lu Han's peaceful nature, he couldn't be angry. As if all the feelings were gone. Lifting a long finger, Sehun slide it underneath Luhan’s chin, tipping it upwards, so that now he was gazing deeply on Luhan's closed eyelids.

He tried to take a deep breath, to stay calm. 

"Don't listen to them." He was actually talking to himself but for some reason he brushed his lips against Lu Han's ear and said that to him. Sehun felt the need to defend himself by using Lu Han as someone to pour his heart out. His hold on Lu Han's waist got stronger, almost digging his fingernails onto his waist.

"You are better than them. You aren't useless." He continued to comfort Lu Han even though he was theoretically saying those things to himself. The bases of the hands were so close that the warmth in between was shared. Sehun edged his hand toward Lu Han's ever so slightly, until he felt his fingertips brush his hand. Sehun unfurled his fingers and let his slip around Lu Han's until he could feel the heat of his palm pressed against his own.