Chapter 5 *Edited*

Her sharp words penetrated the air, earning a puckered brow from Sehun and an edgy 'oh' from Lu Han signifying her that he may perhaps seemed quiet but secretly was a mess. What did she mean by Sehun choosing Lu Han over her? Did they have a fight?

"I would choose anyone over you." Sehun rolled his eyes at her stupid actions although he didn't wish to have said it like that as his words could have hurt Lu Han. Sehun really looked ready to strike and scream for not preventing her of keeping her mouth shut, but he didn't want to create a scene.

"You didn't say that a year ago though." She mumbled with a hint of mockery in her voice. Slowly she looked intensely into Sehun's motivated and somehow regretting eyes. She saw so many emotions in those eyes, but the one she first recognized was sorrow. The reflection of that particular emotion was the strongest out of all of them.

Lu Han felt the strange and stressed atmosphere which stopped him from peacefully eating. He let his chopsticks fall on the plate, sparing worried glances at both Hyuna and Sehun.

Hyuna's pulse sped up and she was breathing very low. Her muscles grew tense with all the sympathetic looks Lu Han was giving her. It made her uncomfortable as she squirmed and writhed under his gaze.

Her expression had all sorts of emotions. She was infuriated as her face and neck became red and the feeling she had in her heart was resentful. Every bone in her body shook with spite.

"I'm done. Thank you for the meal Lu Han." She thanked him mutely and got up from her seat. Passing quickly Sehun who suddenly took a firm hold of her bony wrist. Only silence followed and he still refused to start. With each passing minute, each second taunting and nagging at him. Then he started the conversation he loved to avoid and exclude:

"That was the past. Turn the lights off when you are done and don't play with the toothpaste." He let go off her so that she couldn't keep her laughter to herself. She still tried to suppress her giggling, but ended up bursting into a much louder laughter.
"I don't even play with that anymore! Lu Han, you can sleep in my room. I have to go out anyways. I'm not coming back for the night." Hyuna told him while she walked to the entrance to put her shoes on. It was almost midnight so why would she go out? These thoughts were Lu Han in that exact moment but seeing Sehun's uninterested face calmed him down.

If Sehun wasn't surprised or overly worried then Lu Han also didn't have a reason to. He somehow trusted Sehun a lot admittedly even more than some people he knew for a long time and should be very close with. But Lu Han wasn't. He always failed to socially engage himself and make some friends. He was too boring or just not exciting enough to talk to.

For the last time she came back fully dressed to the kitchen to say goodbye.

"I'm going!" Hyuna announced proudly her mood was totally different from a while ago. She kept nudging her roommate who couldn't care less about her departure unlike Lu Han. He told her to be careful and not drink too much as Sehun told him before that she was probably going to a club with her friends.

"No I'm not going to drink. Hey Sehun, say bye!"

"Take care." He gave up with his indifferent attitude which wouldn't save him from her persistence to not leave until he would recognize her departure. She always loved it when Sehun warned her about drinking and meeting new people because that showed her that Sehun was concerned.

It wasn't jealousy what Sehun felt towards those people she would meet but it didn't feel right to let her shamelessly get wasted either.

Sehun said goodbye so Hyuna could finally go.

Lu Han later on sat on Hyuna's bed in her wide pajama. Her room was quite big compared to his own at his home. It wasn't very girly with a bed, wardrobe, table and some posters and photos on the blue wall. The lights kept on terrifyingly flickering. Sehun said that the landlord was doing something to the electricity, that's why the lamps went on and again off.