p a i n

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Her head turned from side to side slowly. It felt like a bunch of nails were stuck in her throat. She managed a cough but it felt like sandpaper against her skin. She was thirsty. She sat up, woozily, taking in her surroundings. She was in a small box. It was the size of her frame and once she sat up she could feel the presence of a roof above her head. Alarm settled in her stomach as she slammed her hands upwards, to push at the top. It only resulted her to scream in pain, she could feel that her hands were wet. They were wet with blood. There were random nails on the roof. She suddenly felt claustrophobic. She never did like tight spaces and this was practically one. Was she buried alive? Her screams echoed into the air, unaware and going unnoticed by anyone. They would never find her here. She was going to die here.

Sutton didn't realise she had fallen asleep until two water bottles were dropped down onto her through a hole. She lifted her bloody hand up to see through the white light shining in but it was quickly closed with a bang. Her body shook as soon as she was left in the cold and dark. She had nothing but the hard earth underneath her. She was left in her white dress and she didn't know how long she had been in there. She reached for one of the water bottles and knocked it back into her throat, taking large gulps. She threw the empty bottle at the wall in frustration and started to scream again.

Noah paced on the grass. He was outside of Alison's house. He needed her help. He needed to find Sutton or she was going to die as well.

Lola didn't know how to cope with having a girlfriend. She couldn't tell her parents. They would never accept her for who she truly was. They would send her to a self-help camp to un-gay her.

Eli wanted to know what happened to Sutton. She ran out of the diner like a crazy person, Noah following after her and he came back looking dazed and lost. He had said that he couldn't find her. She was gone. She couldn't be gone.

Izzy was back at home in Mercury. She was worried about Sutton. They hadn't heard anything and she was reported missing two days ago by Noah Whitlock. Ava was also missing.

Ciara was worried that they weren't going to find Ava or Sutton alive. She also needed to tell Alison the truth. She needed to tell Ali that Ava never knew she was raped. That she orchestrated the whole thing. She made Dawn rape Alison. She convinced him that Ali wanted it. She just wanted to get back at Ava. She never wanted to hurt anyone.

Alison knew something was wrong.

Sutton awoke in screaming pain. Something fiery hot was pushed against her back. She couldn't move. She couldn't breathe. This person was torturing her.

"What do you want?" she screamed, hoping the person would stop. Hot tears spilled over her cheeks. She couldn't stop the sobs. She was in so much pain. Why would Alice do this to her? What had she done to deserve it?

"For you to feel the way I felt."

Sutton realised she'd been pulled into another room. This time she was tied to a chair. She was no longer in that box. She recognized the voice. She knew who Alice was. She knew who her half sister was. She didn't expect this. She didn't expect her.

"You see mommy dearest, just gave me up. She left me at the hospital and I was sent to an orphanage."

"No, you were adopted by-"

Her hands slammed down onto the table, "No I wasn't. I was only adopted when I was twelve years old."

"You've been plotting since then?"

She shook her head, she was now standing in front of Sutton, looking down at her with a sinister smile, "You're so pretty, Sutton."

Sutton kept her mouth in a straight line, "Why me?"

"Can I kiss you?"

"What?"

"Kidding. We're sisters. That would be incest. But, what if it's your orphanage mother doing those things to you? Or the older boys beating you at night? Do you know why I always wore a dress over my bikini? Did you notice that I wore a full costume when we played chicken at the lagoon?"

Sutton started to cry, her teeth chattering, "Because they burnt me when I didn't behave. Plastic surgery fixed a lot of things but it doesn't really take away the scars. I guess that's how Alison felt after Dawn mercilessly took her from behind. Tragic really," she didn't really sound sympathetic. She was completely deranged.

"I was beaten, raped and broken but I was still hopeful. I got new parents and they fixed me up into a doll with the best clothes possible. Honestly, I was blessed."

"Why you?" Sutton spluttered out, the burn on her back hurt her.

"Because I was supposed be perfect."

"What happened?"

"You really want to know?"

Sutton nodded, "Yes,"

"Well, I figured out what happened with my daddy and our mommy. How she just left me at that place, right after daddy died. Then, I heard about the affair. Well, I connected the dots. You got my perfect family up until I pushed her down the stairs."

"You killed her?"

"I didn't mean to, sis. She was just denying the truth. She didn't want me."

"We may be related but we're not sisters," Sutton  spat in anger.

She was angry, "You don't get to talk to me like that!" Sutton was out cold again. She had slapped her so hard that she only saw lights dance before her eyes.

"Noah Whitlock you're under the arrest for accesory to kidnapping Avangelina Whitlock and Sutton Grace Clarke. Anything you do or say will be held against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney, if you do not have one, we will provide you with one. Do you understand?"

Noah nodded with regret. He can't believe what he had done. What she made him do. Twice.

Alison looked at him apologetically as they pushed his head into the back of a police vehicle. She pulled her arms closer to her body as Eli comforted her from the side. She was doing the right thing for Sutton. They needed to find her. Alison also figured out who Alice was. She'd been betrayed by two people she had known most of her life.

Izzy rested her head on Eli's lap. She was heartbroken by what Noah did for her. She couldn't believe it. How could Noah kidnap his own sister or Sutton? It was so messed up.

Eli was sleeping over at Alison's house. Izzy was there with them. A cop car was nestled outside. It was to keep them safe from her. She had both Sutton and Ava.

Ciara couldn't fathom why anyone wouldn't pick up her calls. She called Lola again.

"Hi, thank fuck you answered. Where the hell are you?"

"At home why?" Lola replied, she sounded out of breath.

"No one is answering their bloody phones. Noah was arrested!"

"What?" Lola spat in alarm. "I have to go C."

"Wait!" But the line already went dead.