s e c r e t s

CHAPTER SIX

Sutton moved around the kitchen like a ballet dancer at her recital. She busted out her third grade moves over the kitchen floor whilst singing with a spatula as her mic. Her hips swung to the beat as she waited for the pancakes to start sizzling. Eversince Sutton could remember she loved Saturdays, not only just Saturdays but Pancake Saturdays; it was a tradition in the Clarke household. Her mother made them every Saturday since she was born and she took the honor of doing it in her mother's memory. She moved her body to the beat, bobbing her head up and down with a bleeding smile on her face. She was content in the moment.

Suddenly two arms framed around her waist, lips meeting her ear as she gasped, "I could ravish you right now." Sutton blushed at the sound of Noah's voice. She was dressed in her Powerpuff Girl pajamas. Her hair was bed-messy and she hadn't brushed her teeth yet.

Sutton pivoted around in his arms and wrapped hers around his shoulders, "You can't sneak into my house, Noah."

He gripped her hips and pulled her up onto the countertop, "What are you going to do about it?" His lips neared hers and her heartbeat sped up. They were a whisper away and all she wanted to do was lean forward and kiss Noah. They barely brushed against one another when they both heard the sound of a gun being loaded. Noah sprang away immediately and Sutton jumped off of the counter.

"Jeez Dad, what the hell?" she asked, her heartbeat rushing in her ears. Allan just caught her almost making out with Noah. Her cheeks were tinted with red and embarrassment.

Allan replied, nonchantaly, "Oh, I thought Noah was taking advantage of you."

Sutton scoffed, "Really Dad?"

He nodded, sheepishly, "Noah I told you not kiss my daughter. I'll leave you two with breakfast but remember my shotgun is loaded."

"Yes sir. Of course, sir." Noah spat out, nervously.

Sutton raised an eyebrow.

"Your dad scares me, love."

She let go of the fact that he called her love. She quite liked the endearment. She preferred it over babe.

She sighed, "Sit down, let me fix you some pancakes, Noah."

"Is this how it's going to be when we're married?" he asked, smirking up at her. She rolled her eyes at him.

"We've barely kissed, how do you get marriage in the picture?"

He nodded, "Well, tonight, you and I will be eating pizza under the stars and feverishly making out."

"I can't."

His smile faltered, "I mean I was hopi-"

She placed her hand on top of his, "Can't we do that tomorrow afternoon? Tonight I am having a sleepover. I invited the girls."

"What? Why would you do that?" He looked appalled. She couldn't be serious.

"Your sister is still missing, Noah. These girls have to know something."

"How can you be so sure?" he asked in frustration. He was getting angry.

Sutton fiddled with her fingers, "I got another message from Alice."

Noah huffed, "Why didn't you tell me this last night, Sutton?"

"I didn't want to ruin the good mood, okay? I just wanted things to be uncomplicated for like one night."

Noah exhaled. He understood; he didn't want to be the one that dragged her into this mess. Yet so far he was the one that caused all the drama. He was getting worried about his sister, Ava. She hasn't returned and that was causing him and Sutton all this trouble. He knew Sutton were one of those people who'd get obsessed with solving the mystery. He just hoped she didn't get burnt in the process.