d a t e s

[ALL BANNERS ARE MADE BY THE LOVELY @adelinarine. Thank you so much.]

CHAPTER SEVEN

Sunday afternoon Sutton was tirelessly pacing back and forth in her room. Noah was comfortable sitting on her bed while patiently waiting for her to converse about whatever happened the night before. Sutton didn't sleep at all. How could she when she was supposed to keep a rape secret? As soon as she could chase all of the beastly girls out of her house early in the morning, she did.

Sutton raked a hand through her hair, "It's utter diabolical!" she hissed. "No they are utter diabolical!" She paced back and forth, burning out the carpet as she tried to put the next few words in consideration.

"You said your sister was bad?"

Noah nodded.

"She's even worse than you can possible imagine."

Noah had disbelief etched onto his face, "Sutton, what happened?"

She turned towards him, tears blurring her vision, "Alison was raped."

"What?" He sprang up in alarm, stepping towards Sutton.

"Your sister knew and she did nothing!" Sutton said, as the tears started rolling down her cheeks. She couldn't believe that it was a secret. That somebody wouldn't tell anyone. Why didn't Alison say anything? Was she also being blackmailed by Ava? Could she even remember being raped?

"My sister would never..." he trailed off unsure, the fact was that he didn't know his sister well enough. They never got along. He couldn't believe his sister would just keep it quiet. She couldn't have, could she?

Sutton wiped at her nose, "But she did. She saw it going down and she used it to blackmail Dawn."

"Dawn?" He was confused. "Why him?"

"I don't know. He is the one who raped Alison."

Noah shook his head, "That can't be true. Dawn and my sister dated on and off."

"Ciara told me. She said they worked with this reward system, if you behaved well, you get a secret. Something to hold against someone. Your sister shared this with Ciara." Sutton explained, grabbing onto Noah's hands.

"That's awful. If I knew-"

She sighed, "You couldn't have stopped it. I think that's why you're sister is missing. Alice left another note last night."

"She was with you?"

"I think maybe she broke in."

"Could it be one of the girls?"

Sutton shook her head but she wasn't sure, "I don't think so. They were with me the whole time."

Noah nodded, "What was the message?"

"It's a burden to keep their secrets."

"Alice wants you to keep still about the rape?"

"She gave me no choice. I have no proof whatsoever and I can't break their trust. They opened up about Ava and I need to know more."

"At what cost, Sutton?"

"Noah," she threw her hands up into the air, "you asked me to help you. I'm helping you, now."

"It's dangerous."

"I told you I can protect myself, Noah."

He blew out a breath, "Up until when? Until you go missing as well? Don't be a hero, Sutton."