c o n f u s i o n

[This chapter is dedicated to @poppylavender for being my number 1 reader. Thanks for all your lovely comments. I adore you😍]

CHAPTER FOUR

Noah found himself parked in front of Sutton's house. He kept finding himself in front of her house. He knew she wasn't going to school today but he wanted to talk to her. He wanted to make light of what was happening around them. He was guilty for pulling her into this mess. It was her mom's anniversary and he knew that was sacred for Sutton and her Dad, Allan. The man scared him. He gripped the steering wheel. He was fine with ogling at her for the rest of the school year but now his sister gave him no choice but to interact with her. If, they ever found her or when they do, he was going to murder her anyway. She's cost him a lot this year, like dragging the love of his life into a mess. Now, he knew his sweet and innocent Sutton was going to have to befriend the beasts of Mercury.

Alison Bicardi.

Lola Van Der Capé.

Issabella Stewart.

Ciara Day.

Eli Cambridge.

Five deadly girls. He wouldn't mess with them even if they paid him two hundred million dollars. They were all seniors, just like him and Sutton, except they went to Westview Academy with his missing sister. They were nice on the outside, even beautiful, but they were crude, mean and vicious on the inside. They tore friendships apart. Ruined relationship. Broke rules and above all, they would rather be feared than loved. He couldn't possible allow Sutton to engage in friendship with them. It would be suicide. Obviously, he got along with them but he knew they wouldn't spill secrets to him; his sister didn't trust him and neither would they.

"Are you lost?" He was pulled out of his reverie by a smiling Sutton in her cute, elephant pajamas. Jeez, she was going to be the death of him. How could she look so hot and adorable at the same time?

"No," he replied, "just wanted to see your face." He saw her cheeks reaching for color. He has never actually seen her blush. Was she attracted to him?

"Well, my dad thinks you're stalking me."

His face paled, "Am not." he screeched out. She raised an eyebrow.

"Don't sweat it, he likes you."

"Why?" he asked with disbelief.

"For helping me yesterday. Thanks by the way."

He nodded, "Would do it again in a heartbeat, Sutton. I actually came here for a reason."

She giggled, "Oh, I just thought you liked sitting in your car outside."

He chuckled, it was easy with her, "No, I'm holding a get together. I invited my sister's friends over and you're going to pose as my girlfriend."

She look appalled, "Girlfriend?"

He grinned, feigning a look of sadness, "Yes. Don't look so disgusted."

She spluttered, "I'm not at all but why?"

He smiled at her response. So, she wouldn't mind being with him?

"Because that's believable. You can't just come in there being my friend. Plus, my boys think you're my girlfriend. I've been hanging around you a lot."

"Isn't this a bit cliché? Fake dating?"

"Who says it's fake?"

Sutton deadpanned, "Wait, what?"