Really Short Update

As I sat in the car I waited for Alysha and maybe even Kevin. Guess what? She got him out. I shook my head in disappointment as I started up the car.

"Sup Unc." Kevin said like everything was ok. I simply ignored him.

"Ricko don't you start." Alysha said.

"Start what?"

"That attitude. "

"What attitude? I'm gone act like I don't hear what Yall saying just like how Yall do when I say something."

"I swear you're stubborn. " she said.

"Yeah talk about me being stubborn why don't you?"

" Unc are you mad at me?" Kevin said.

"Do four quarter's make a dollar?"

"So I take that as a yes."

"Kevin. We had a talk the first time I caught you and you don't listen but you know what? I don't care. Apparently your mama has it under control so aye."

*

"Baby where you going? We just got home." Tracy asked me while putting Aaliyah in her crib.

"Going to handle something. I'll be back."  I kissed her forehead then left.

KEVIN POV

I snuck out the window when it turned midnight. I headed straight to my homeboy and I spot.

"Wassup nigga?" my friend Caleb said dapping me.

" Wassup."

"I see your mama signed you out."

"Hell yeah. I knew she was gon do it. She had a little talk with me when we got home thinking it was still gone stop me."

"My mama been doing that to me all the time."

"So I got that white boy. Got the ounces.  You gone help me sell Em right?"

"Yeah." he said frowning. "You know me man." I gave him a few bags and then these men came up to us.

"Yall the Lil dudes packing right?" One man said and I nodded. "Let me get 4 ounces." We made the transaction but then he frowned.

" What?" Caleb asked.

" This ain't no ounce.  This a Lil short. Yall Lil niggas tryna fuck us over?"

"Nah man."

"I think Yall are. Yo blood I think they tryna fuck us over." He said elbowing his partner.

"Oh yeah ....... Well I think we have a problem." the man said raising his shirt showing his gun and my eyes got big.

"Nah man we not. Here .... I'll throw in a extra bag."

"Fuck that extra bag." he said and he grabbed a hold of his gun.

"Caleb run!" I said and we began running but not for long.

*

I woke up and my vision was blurry. I hear a beeping sound. Then that's when my vision cleared and I realized I was in the hospital.

My back was hurting, I was in so much pain.

"I don't even know what to say to you right now." I heard a deep voice say and I looked to my left to see my Uncle Ricko looking at me.

"Unc. I--"

"Kevin I don't want to hear anything." He said through gritted teeth and he hasn't looked at me once.

"Where's Caleb?"

"Your friend was shot in the head. He didn't make it."

"This all my fault." I felt my eyes water up. Caleb was like a brother to me.

"He has a fault in this too. Y'all had no business sneaking out, being down there and trying to sell dope. And look what happened. Caleb mother damn near died when she found out about him. She had a seizure, it was too much for her to take in. Do you want your mama to be like that? Huh? You're her only son. You have a 7 and a 1 year old sister. They want you in their life. But you sitting here trying to be grown and act like a so called thug gone take their big brother away. When i got a call saying you got shot i didnt know how to act. I lost it. Kevin you need to stop. Its not the way man. Trust me, I know. Till this day, I still regret the things I've done. We all need you here. You're too young. Only 16. You still have a life to live. Whoever planting stuff in your head need help too.  You started failing, skipping, smoking, just being rebellious. Kev you need to put a end to this. What if you were the one dead? You're a bright kid and you're letting all these so called friends lead you to the wrong path. I wish Caleb was here so I could tell him the same thing. Yall are both good kids, Yall can really be somebody in life. Life is to short. I highly hope this was a reality check to you." he said and he got up leaving out the room and my mama came in with tears.

"Kev." she said coming to me and she kissed my forehead.

"Mama I'm sorry. I promise I won't do it again. I never want to lay a finger on dope again. I'm sorry I just want to go home."

"Ok baby we can go home when you get better. "

"Ok."

" I'm sorry Ma'am but that won't happen." an officer said coming in.

"What why not?" I asked.

"Son you were caught with cocaine. That's a serious matter. You can be imprisoned up to 5 years."

------------------------------------------

Chapter 30 Coming Friday...