Dinner

Katrina's POV

"Hey honey," my mom says as we walk in the house.

"Hey Mom, this is my friend Daniel. Is it cool if he has dinner with us tonight?" I ask while walking over to my mom.

I look back and notice Daniel standing awkwardly. I give him the look of 'you're going to be fine.'

"Oh of course it is fine. You can call me Ms. Devlin. Welcome Daniel, come sit down," she says while  gesturing to to couch.

We all sit down and start talking. My mom asks about what Daniel is doing in L.A. Then she asks the question I was hoping she wouldn't.

"So Daniel, are you dating my daughter? I look at Daniel and he has a blank look. I start to blush, but then realize what is going on.

"Daniel doesn't like me," I think. After that question Daniel got really silent. He kind of looked disgusted.

Daniel's POV

Ms. Devlin just made things really awkward. She asked if I was dating Katrina. "I wish," I say to myself. I try my best not to show any sign of me liking her. I look at Katrina. At first she was blushing, but then her facial expression changed... to sadness.

I turn away hoping that she didn't see me turning sad. The oven beeped meaning the food was ready. I was so relieved. We went to the dining room and ate.

After dinner was over, I said goodbye and went to leave. When I was outside Katrina came out after me.

"I'm sorry about my mother. She just wants me to be happy." She says. When she said that she was looking at the ground, but I could see that she was blushing.

"It's okay. I can understand where she is coming from. Well, see you later." I say a little sad, and I start walking away.
______________________________________
Sorry this isn't the best, but I'm not really inspired right now. And let me know if you want me to write more author's notes like this.