19. I Think You Miss Me

Perrie POV

Everyone had gone to bed. Or at least it think they did. We decided to give Louis and Eleanor some privacy, and then they came back in looking troubled, and not happy. Eleanor was looked like she had been crying.

So here I was. In the kitchen alone. The lights were turned down low, and my legs felt to shaky to move. I'm seriously considering sleeping here.

I burped, and pat my chest. From across the room, I heard a chuckle.

"So lady like of you." Zayn said lowly.

Is that Zayn? Like really Zayn? Or am I seeing things?

"Fuck you. What's a lady anyways?" I asked with a small laugh.

"Come on. I'll help you to bed." He said, and wrapped an arm around my waist to help me.

My heart fluttered at his touch, and I looked into his eyes. My skin felt hot under his touch, and the alcohol didn't help.

Damn. I was gonna marry this guy. I loved this guy. He was my world at one point. Zayn and I agaisnt the world...

"You're really pretty." I said with no shame. The alcohol, doing all the talking for me.

Zayn chuckled. "I think I'm pretty too."

I rolled my eyes at that, and he smiled. This guy...

"Come on. You need to sleep." He said, trying to lift me up, but I wouldn't budge from my chair.

"Nooooo. I don't want to sleep." I whined with a pout. Zayn sighed.

Zayn looked like he was trying to come up with ways to get me to go to bed, and sleep. I was a pretty persistent person, but when I was drunk. Ha! Good luck.

"Zayn?"

"Yes."

"Did you really fall out of love with me?" I asked him. He sighed, and sat in the chair next to me.

"Things were complicated Perrie."

"You didn't answer the question." I told him annoyed.

"No. Of course I didn't. How the hell could I?" He asked and shook his head.

"So why?"

"Because things were complicated. I left the band. I was going out on my own. I had a wedding to plan. It all just felt like too much. I had to give something up." He said sadly.

"Me..."

"I did probably the most stupidest thing I could ever do, and yes. I let you go."

I frowned, and looked down to my hands in my lap.

"I guess, part of me was just hoping that I'd get past whatever that pressure was, and you'd be waiting for me when it was all over." He said.

"But you went with Gigi." I told him. Did he sudden forget that? 

"I did. I realized it was unfair for me to expect you to wait, or hope for you to wait after I called us off. That would just be wrong."

"Do you love her?" I asked him, and looked him in the eye. But he looked away, unable to face me.

Why couldn't he look at me?

Here comes the alcohol again...

"I'll be honest with you Zayn. I think you could've done better. Like me. I think I made you happier than she does. And I loved you more." I rambled on to him.