Chapter 6: How about we try?

Start from the beginning

"Well, you texted like a thousand times so I thought maybe this will be fun. You okay?" she asks.

"Yeah, I just needed someone to talk to who isn't my mom or sister-in-law."

She laughs, "Well that is sad. But I am here now."

I ask one of the maids for lemonade and chicken salads. I put on my shoes and sit down with Melissa at the round table.

"So, where's your fiancée?"

I breathe in, "He is somewhere, but let's not talk about him."
Melissa laughs, "Okay okay."

I chuckle, "You think we can be best friends?"

"Yeah, you seem like my type of people. Besides, you are nice and cool, why not?" she says.

The food comes in and we eat. I discovered that she has a degree in marketing, not a natural blonde, comes from a wealthy family and she was voted most intelligent from her high school.

"Hey, there you are," Ian comes in, "I was looking for you everywhere."

He kisses my cheek and says hi to Melissa. "So you are the lucky man?" she asks.

Ian introduces himself and Melissa as well. "I'm going to leave you two, where is the bathroom?" Melissa asks.

I tell the bodyguard to take her. Ian sits next to me but I stand and move.

"What do I do now Alex? You said for us to talk today," Ian says. He stands as well and comes to my side.

"You didn't do anything Ian. I just need my space and time to think. I don't want to see anyone who lives in this house." I say.

"So that means also Kyle?" Ian asks.

I turn to him, "See, you are starting with that again. I have nothing to do with him."

I am not lying. I know Kyle is getting the picture of me avoiding him too.

"Well, why were you crying last night?"

Gosh, what do I say now?

"Oh my! How fancy is this house!?" Melissa comes in randomly. She feels the awkwardness she created and asks if she can come back another day.

"No, it's okay Mel, I have some papers that need to be organize." Ian walks out without saying anything to me.

Melissa comes in and asks if she can do anything. "No, how about we take a swim?" I ask.

"Yeah but I don't have my swim wear."

"No worries, I have a spare. Let's go and change."

We go to my room and change into bathing suits. I get weird as I see Melissa undress in front of me. She quickly puts her top, which fits kinda of small, she has bigger boobs than I do. I go change into my black one piece suit. It has a low cut in front and the back.

"Ha!" I yell as I jump into the pool with Melissa. I feel like a little kid again, racing back and forth. Melissa gets tired and orders a margarita. I sit on the edge of the pool and drink some lemonade.

We splash around for a while until she needed to leave. I put on my jeans shorts and glasses and sit down on the long chair.

"Wow, you really are beautiful." I hear Richard's voice coming to me. I sit and he is right there. He has a white button loose shirt with matching pants.

"Enjoying the weather and pool? I heard you had a friend over," he says.  He sits next to the chair beside me.

I just nod and take off my sunglasses. I see his eyes scanning me but I don't show any worry.