Chapter 27: Life goes on

One week later..

IAN POV:

I finally closed business. No more working for now. Going to take a small vacation somewhere.

"Sir,"

I turn my chair and see Cassy. She has a red dress that wraps around her shoulders and her brown hair picked up. Her red lips smile and she twirls.

"Sam bought me this dress a month ago. I finally have a reason to wear this," she smiles.

I chuckle, "You look nice Cassy. Thanks for being my date tonight."

"Well your father told me I need to obey you. I always wanted to go to those fancy cocktail parties," she says.

I stand and fix my black tux. "Okay well let's go."

I take her by the arm and we leave.

We arrive to Gil's party. He is having a small together to celebrate two things: his baby and the fact that he got a new house.

"Ian!" Gil greets us. He stares at Cassy confused.

"I guess," he whispers.

I roll my eyes at him. "This is Cassy. She is family friend."

"Nice to met you Gil. I heard good things about you," she smiles.

Gil chuckles, "Cool. Well come in and enjoy." he walks us to the rest of the gang.

I sense she is getting uncomfortable with all this attention.

"Hey sweetie," Christina says. She hugs me and greets Cassy.

They all introduce each other.

"Nice dress," Samantha comments.

"Thanks."

Okay this is not going good. They don't like her or me. They don't really know the whole story. All they know is I am not with Alex.

"So Sam, do you know the sex of the baby?" Nathan asks. Gil wraps his arm around her and proudly says no but he thinks its a boy.

"Aaww, a little you," Cassy randomly says.

I chuckle. She is so cute.

"Well I hope he isn't much of an ass though," Nathan chuckles. Gil throws him an ice cube to shut him up.

"So Cassy," Sam says, "where are you from?"

"California but my parents are half Italian," she answers.

"Cool, so what you do for a living?" Nathan asks.

"Oh,"

I stop her and give her a drink. "She works for my father. She is an accountant."

Cassy gets my idea and runs with it. "Yeah what he said. I also do some cooking on the side."

"Wow, good," Gil smiles.

...

The party is okay. Cassy is enjoying herself and talking to everyone despite on how they look at her. They all think now that I am with her or that she wrecked my marriage. But that is not true..

How can I confess to them that I sort of cheated on Alex? Or that I am not interested in Cassy. She is my childhood friend basically. I know her since we were 12. She is Sam's niece, well step-niece. She used to play with Kyle and me, but she left when she turn 17.

Gil comes to me and whispers. "She is pretty."

"Yeah."

I drink some champaign. "What do you want Gil?" I turn to him.