Chapter 5: Engaged

I wake up to the smell of bacon! I run to the kitchen, pajamas and messy hair on, and get breakfast. No one is sitting in the table, I check the kitchen.

I see a guy cooking. "Hey, why do I smell bacon?" I ask.

Ian smiles, "Maybe because I am cooking some?"

"Ian, I didn't recognize you. Why are you cooking? Don't you have like a dozen maids?" I ask.

He comes to me kisses my forehead. "Alex, you offend me. I can cook my own bacon," he says. He turns off the stove and places the bacon on two different plates.

"You wanna eat in the table or out in the balcony?" he asks. Wow, that's a non-expecting thing from him. I smile, "Outside, it is very pretty outside."

He smiles, not the fake smile, I see his eyes glowing this time. We walk outside and sit in the round table. I see people moving tables, chairs, and even food inside the house.

"Your eggs are going to get cold," Ian interrupts my viewing.

I just nod and start to eat. He actually cooks pretty well. We eat silently but not the cold silence as before. I finish early so I go get ready. "Wait," Ian exclaims. He pulls me to him and sits me on his lap.

He stares at my eyes before kissing me. I pull away after a few seconds, "Ian, I don't think.." He just nods so I stand and leave to my room. My heart is going crazy. Is he really trying?

...

IAN POV:

"Jennifer please stop!" I am chasing down Jennifer that idiot stole Alex's gift.

"Ha! You are so stupid!" she yells. She bumps into my dad. "Oh shit, sorry dad."

I get the little box out of her hands and hide it behind me. Dad just shakes his head and tells us to get ready.

Jennifer is still giggling, apparently my present seems cute and stupid to her.

"You are so annoying," I say.

"I know," Jennifer says as she leaves.
I look at the white box on my hands. I hope she likes it.

That afternoon:

I am waiting for Alex to come out of her room. I hear her scream and her mom yelling at her to grow up.

"Ma, that hurts!!"

"Alexandra, it's for your own good!"

The door suddenly opens and Lizabeth comes out with her hair messed up. She nervously smiles, "Hello, Ian, Alex will come out now, she BETTER!"

"Is she okay?" I ask.

"She is a little bit nervous. She thinks she will mess up everything," Lizabeth answers.

I tell her to go downstairs with Johnny. I will take care of everything.

I open the door quietly and look at her.  She looks beautiful with her hair straight. She has white pants that tighten on her small waist, and a peach sleeveless blouse with ruffles in a V-neck shape that shows some cleavage.

"Do I look appropriate?" she asks. She looks at her high heels then back at me.

I just nod. She breathes in deeply and walks towards me. I see she has some make up on, but not a lot. She is a natural beauty.

"Let's go, don't want to keep them waiting more," Alex says. She grabs my hand and we start to walk to the door but I stop.

"Wait, I have something for you," I say. I take out the little box from my pocket and give to her.