Chapter 19: After the truth

We lay down on the small sofa next to his desk. My head is on his chest while his arm is around me. We been here in silence for a while. I feel sorry for Ian. Summer was only with him all those years just to have a life of fine riches. She even tried to seduce Richard.
And I was stupid.
"Alex, I do want to apologize for not telling you about Summer all this time. I just don't like to talk about it," Ian says.

I sit and look at him. "I should be the one apologizing. I never listen to you. Everything just pointed out that you cheated and well I just am naïve."

Ian sits next to me. "It's okay. I just want you to be okay, both physically and emotionally."

"I feel okay now." I am feeling only half okay.

Ian lightly smiles, "Okay. I am glad."

The phone suddenly rings and Ian picks it up.

"Hey, how are you,"

"Yeah, we had an emergency so we needed to come back to the city. Alex got sick"

Who is he talking to?

"Okay, yeah she is fine. I tell her you guys said hi. Bye."

Ian looks at me, "It was Gil and Samantha. They wanted to know what happened."

IAN POV:

She suddenly is stiff. Her eyes pop out and they seem filled with fear.

"Alex," I whisper. I walk to her and squat down at her level.

"I need to go shower."

She stands up and goes to her room.

What is going on with her?

..

Someone knocks on the office door, "Come in."

Kyle walks in, "Can I ask what you did to Alex? Why is she suddenly avoiding everyone?"

I stop my work and look at him. "First, I didn't do anything. Second, she has been like that since the honeymoon. She doesn't want to tell me anything."

Kyle sighs and sits down on the chair in front of me. "I tried to talk to her and she yelled at me to leave. She is just sitting on her bed looking at the wall like if she is afraid."

"I thought she was okay. I talked to her about Summer and apologize. I asked her if she was okay and she seemed fine."

"Wait, you told her about-"

I interrupt him, "No, I didn't tell her you where the one that slept with my girlfriend. Your image is not ruin with her."

"Sorry," Kyle says.

I roll my eyes, "I don't care about that. All I care about is Alex. Something went wrong but I don't know what."

I look at Kyle. He is in deep thought. "Maybe she is just depressed. You know how mom got."

"She wasn't your mom," I say.

"You know what I mean; maybe that is what's happening to Alex."

I stand up, "I'm going to talk to her."

"She is going to go insane. Just let her rest," Kyle says.

"Nope, if she is like mom then I don't want her to die at the end. I love her," I say.

I walk to Alex's room. I breathe in and open the door. I need to know what is going on with her.

I am ready for impact but see her sleeping.

I get closer and see her sleeping soundly. She has a white pajama dress.

Her hair is partly covering her cleavage and the blanket is only on her feet. She looks so innocent.

I quietly sit down and pet her hair away from her face. "I wish you can tell me what you are thinking." I kiss her cheek.

She mumbles something then suddenly starts to shake.

"NO! NO! Stop it please!"

I am trying to wake her up. "Alex, hey, wake up. It is a dream."

She yells then I see her eyes with so much fear. She whimpers, "Help me."

I hug her tight bringing her to my arms. She cries like a baby for her mom. All I can do is comfort her in silence.

Minutes pass until she finally calms down. "Alex," I whisper.

She looks at me. Her eyes are so watery, red and swollen.

My heart is feeling so much confusion and heartrending.

I cup her face, "Sweetie, can you just tell me what is going on?"

She suddenly is confused. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Yeah," she pulls away from my touch and lays back on the wall. She puts her hair back and breathes. "I was dreaming weird that is all."

Okay, she is back to normal, right? I just go along. I think she still thought she was dreaming.

"Okay, well are you hungry or need anything?" I ask.

"No, I am okay." She lightly smiles, "Yeah."

I step closer to her and touch her cheek. "You know how you said I didn't need to tell you about my mom? But I still did because I wanted you to trust me," I say.

"So,"

"So I know it might not be my business but I want you to trust me enough to tell me what is going on with you," I say.

Her lips turn down, "I can't. I just don't want to think about it."

"Okay, but I'm here for you. Anytime you want to talk I am just here right around the corner."

She nods, "Thank you."

I kiss her check, this time she tries not to get nervous. I look at her and she looks at me with the same emotion: loneliness.

"I wish I can just be happy and with you Ian but I cant. I am trying to move on," she says.

"I understand,"

I suddenly feel warmth on my lips for a second. She kissed me. "I guess that counts for something," she says.