♦️ Chapter 26 || Despacito ♦️

Start from the beginning

I walked over to the couch and Jake put on the TV, "Finding Dory?" He asks and I nod.

The movie plays and about half way through I drift asleep.

It was cold and dark, I looked up and saw a white hard surface with little light but I kept drifting down. I heard screaming but I couldn't do anything, I couldn't move. I felt my body slowly begin to feel numb and my eyes began drifting shut until I felt a pair of hands wrap around my body from behind me and pull me away. I tried screaming but found myself unable to breath.

"Nicole!" I heard Jake shout as he began shaking me, "Wake up. It's only a nightmare. It's okay."

I shakily sat up and instinctively wrapped my arms around him and started crying, "It was horrible. It felt so real."

Jake wraps his arms around me and rubs my head, "It's okay nothing will hurt you."

We decided not to finish the rest of the movie and head straight to bed. I was to horrified to sleep alone so we made a fort and slept in the living room.

And that's what I did for the next couple of days. I'd wake up, change, eat breakfast, and run to this spot. I'd sit and watch the clouds every day - sometimes Jake came with me and sometimes he didn't -  I'd go to sleep and have the same nightmare over and over again. But it never felt like a nightmare, it always felt real, like was happening right in that moment. I only realized it was a dream when Jake would be hovering over me waking me up. 

As each night passed my dreams started to become worse and sometimes I wouldn't be asleep when they came.

Through all of this Jake was always by my side, he kept making sure I was okay. I'm not sure why but every time I tell him it was that dream again he does everything in his power to make me feel comfortable. For instance, he took me on a ride on his motorcycle - which I now have become quite fond of - bought me ice cream and even took me to build a bear to make my own stuffed animal. Jake insisted because I kept telling him how Teddy was lonely.

I ended up getting a black and white bear with cute little pajamas and named him Jody. Jake also insisted that he record his own voice and put it in the bear.

Jake recorded, "Heyyy princess. How are you doing?" he chuckled "Come give me a hug. C'mon, one hug" he paused "Feel better? I know I do" he chuckled again, "If you ever need anything I'll always be here for you, always" and then he blew a little kiss.

My heart slowly melted away.

He handed me Jody, "The next time your scared, squeeze this little guy's hand and I'll be there."

I smiled and took Jody from his hands, "Thanks Jake."

He ran his fingers through his hair and chuckled, "Anytime princess"

We smiled at each other and Jake shouted, "Happy New Year!" so that everyone in build a bear - only us and a few toddlers - could hear.

I laugh and shove him lightly, "Not until it's January 1st."

He rolls his eyes, "Happy New Year's Eve!"

He looks down at me, "Better?"

"Shhhhhhh you idiot" I say hiding my face with my hood.

He winks at me, "You know you love me."

I roll my eyes as he leads me out of the mall and onto his motorcycle.

"Feeling better?" He asks as he lifts me onto the motorcycle causing my heart to race.

I nod "Much better"

He slides onto the motorcycle, after placing a helmet on my head, and drives off.

"Where are we going? It's getting late?" I shout from behind him as he has been driving for what seems like ages, "Jody is getting motorcycle sick."