Chapter 16

"Oblivion?"
Orion stepped back inside my room, "Oblivion is a sort of paradise that we're – they're searching for."
I grew interested. "What kind of paradise?"
Orion shrugged, "I don't know much about Oblivion, but what I do know is that it's an infinite paradise that was lost to us an eon ago."

                   "Then why are we – I here? What use do your people have with us?"
He paused for a moment before speaking, "The truth is, Aris believes – as does most people do – that Oblivion can only be found through the minds of human's who have suffered so much. That's why they have these tests, they hope that putting you all through these simulations that one of you will surpass the Test and find Oblivion."

           "But how would we do that? That's not how humans work!" I told him firmly.
Orion was quiet for a moment, "Theoretically, if one of you can surpass the Test than there should be a map leading this ship straight to Oblivion."

           "If only one of us can find this "map" than what will happen to the others?" I asked him.
He shrugged, "I think they're used as military, to help fight of any threat that we find – if they are one – on Oblivion."

           "Why are you telling me this?" I asked him suspiciously.

            "I don't know." He only shrugged. "I have to leave, before anyone realizes I'm gone." He didn't wait for me to say before he left.

         I pulled the blankets from my naked body before moving for my dresser drawer. Most of my clothes were either dark colors or just plain white clothes. I pulled on a pair of black pants and a white shirt that didn't seem to fit at all but at the moment I didn't feel all to bother by it. I heard a knock on the door before the door opened and a man and a woman walked in a moment later.

              "Hello Miss. Jones, how are you feeling? Any light headedness?" the woman asked; I felt like a child when she spoke to me.

          "No, I feel fine." I whispered, trying to keep myself from spitting at them, from kicking at them, and from lashing out at anything of them.
The woman flashed me a fake smile, "Well that's very good to hear that Miss. Jones!" I reeled back at the false cheeriness that dripped from her voice.
I nodded slowly. The man was standing near the door, just watching me with piercing brown eyes.

          I jumped when the woman pulled down the collar of my shirt a bit and placed a freezing cold stethoscope onto my chest.

         "Breath in." said the woman, I did as she asked, taking a deep breath.

          "Breath out." And again, I did as I was told and I released the air from my lungs.
The woman looked up at the man and nodded to him, he pushed himself off the wall and towards the two of us.

           "Well Miss. Jones your heart rate and beat seems to all be in order." She turned back to the man and said, "You can take her now." And she stood up and stepped away from me. The man seized my arm and yanked me to my feet, before pulling me thought the door. The man's grip in my arm was painful but I didn't complain. He dragged me through the cafeteria and into the back-Testing room. People were already plugged into the machines but this it was different, all the wires that connected together. The man started pulling me towards the very end table.

         "You'll be connecting with everyone today." He started explaining. "At the moment, everyone is dormant and put into a comatose state until you're fully plugged in to the simulation. There you will be forced to work together until you either die or we pull you out when it's over." He said as the nurses started strapping me to the table. I grimiest when one of them jabbed me in the arm with a needle and before I knew it, I was already starting to grow light as a feather.
The man still spoke to me, "Let's see if you're really the miracle girl Aris thinks you are." one moment I heard him, the next, I was swimming in a velvety darkness.