Chapter 11~ Orion

I had pulled myself up on top of the cliff overhang, the nuisance, Allister was right behind me. I would have thought Addieca would have dropped him the moment she was able to walk again.

     "Hey dickwad, where's Red?" I rolled my eyes at Allister's stupid nickname for Addieca, but for once he was right, where was Addieca? My heart plummeted and I raced back to the edge, laying on my stomach, I peeked my head over the edge of the cliff. Addieca was clinging to the side of the rock face, her face was pale, and her eyes filled with fear. Her red hair looked even darker when it was wet and it was plastered to her head, fresh tears streamed down her face.

       "Addieca! Come on, you have to climb!" I screamed down to her, my heart beat frantically against my chest. I can't lose this one too! I shook the thought from my head. Everything in my screamed at me to go get her, to make sure she survives, but the rocks were already too wet and they would shift under our weight.

         "I can't! I won't be able to hang on!" she cried harder. She slid a bit father and she screamed.

       "I CAN'T! I CAN'T!" she screamed harder, her eyes closed shut.

         "Addieca, you have to try! Please, please try!" I begged her, my hands held the side of the ridge tightly until they were pale.
      Her eyes peeled open and the familiar look of determination blazed in her eyes. She reached up and grabbed the rock above her, those rocks slid from their place sending her sliding dangerously close to the water.

         Allister was at my side in a second, my fear reflected in his eyes. We seemed to have the same thought. We were going to fail...or I was going to fail anyways. I turned back to her, she seemed to have regained some ground. The raw determination in her eyes surprised me, it was a look I've only seen on animals who were mere inches from death. Addieca stretched up to grab the rock above her head and for a moment I thought she going to be able to pull herself to the top, but like seemed to stand still; the rocks under her hands gave way, sending her tumbling down into the river.

    "Shit! Shit! Shit!" I repeated, tugging at my hair.

     "What? What happened?!" Allister asked, his eyes wild.
I whipped around, "What do you think, she fell!" I snapped at him.

     He gasped, "Than we have to get her!" I wasn't able to stop Allister, he lunged down into the dark depths bellow. I hesitated at the cliff's edge; the water raged below, swirling blackness and my blood ran cold. I couldn't jump in the water, I couldn't even bring myself to even think about myself sinking in its murky depths.

          A blinding light shown down over my head and I shielded my eyes against the light. Relief and familiarity flooded my system. I closed my eyes against the rain and light.

      Finally, I'm going home.