Chapter 5

Ah hour passed and Henry was still out like a light and Orion hadn't taken another step inside the store. I was wiping swear away from Henry's face and I was starting to become rather worried. Why isn't he waking up? He should be awake right now. I thought, my eyes shifting from Henry to the door. I pulled myself to my feet and walked back outside; this time Orion was standing in the middle of the street, watching the sky through narrow eyes. He's so weird.

     "Anything your looking for?" I called over to him, leaning against the building to take some of the pressure and pain away from my foot.

     "It's going to rain." he said with so much confidence that I was take back.

I snorted, "You keep saying that, but I see no storm clouds, no rain."

Orion didn't say a thing, just continued to stare at the sky. With a great sigh, I lowered myself onto the steps and sat there, watching him. I watched him, he wasn't a bad looking guy, he was strong and lean and rather tall, with short dark hair. Really looking at him my eyes were drawn to his feet; he was wearing shoes!

      "When you're done staring at me there's a pair of shoes for you, unless you want to stare at me more and walk around bare foot?" he nodded to a pair of black shoes at the bottom of the steps.

I ground my teeth and shoved my feet in the one-size to big shoes, trying not to scream when I knocked my injured foot in the process.

     "Careful."

Cheeky little ass! I growled in pain and laced the shoes, think of every painful way I could brutally maim and injure him.

     "How's rat face?" Orion asked.

    "Henry. And I don't know, he should have been awake by now and blood still seeps from both eyes." I said, uncertainly.

Orion raised an eyebrow, snorted before looking back at the sky. I ground my teeth together; I had a feeling he knew something that I didn't.

     "This might be completely stupid of me, but do you know what's wrong with him?' I grumbled, waiting for him to give a snarky remark.

He shrugged, "Nope, but I do know that he won't make it."

There really was no use fighting with him, even if I knew he was right.

      "That doesn't mean I still shouldn't try."

      "It's foolish to try when you know you're going to fail." Orion said smartly.

      "At least I could say I tried instead of giving up." I spat at him, my heart thrashing around in my chest and I stood up and limped back inside. What a horrible thing for someone like him to say! I couldn't stay out there any longer with him, I had thought I would go out there and get some fresh air to clear my head but I went out there and came back in madder than hell. I wanted to scream, I wanted to throw something but I couldn't bring myself too. I can't let my anger get the best of me. I heard a groan come from Henry and I was at his his in a matter of seconds; his body shock, convulsed and he vomited up more blackish-green goo and fell still. It was the scariest thing I have ever seen; it was one of the things I have ever seen. I checked his pulse and felt it jump slightly under my fingers. I sighed, I mat have not liked Henry but I'm human I couldn't just let him die because I don't like him. But we also can't stay here, waiting for him to wither die or recover.