Chapter Six

Chapter Six

"Meg..." I turned around and saw my mum walking towards me. I looked away crossing my arms and leaning against the wall.

"I saw the look on your face during that song." She says. I shake my head and didnt bother looking at her.

"You said that song was special. You said its only for dad..." I said.

"Meg, don't go there." She scolds me. Typical. "Look at me. I love your dad so much, you don't even know how much I do... But Meg, I'm tired of being miserable, I want to be happy again and Rick makes me happy just like your dad used to." She says.

"Really huh? Do you love Rick the way you love dad? Or even more?" I ask her.

"I love Rick but your father, i love him so much that everytime I think about him, I'm miserable. He's not here anymore so why hold on to that, do you understand me?" She already tugged on my arm but I pulled it away.

"The song, mum... That was your song, dad saved that song for you and used it on someone else, why would you do that?" I ask her.

"Because I want to move on. There's someone who makes me happy again but, Meg," she holds my face in her hands carefully. "I love your dad very much. I'm not replacing him with anyone. He's the first and he'll stay there."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, you ready to go?" I turn and saw Louis holding my coat out for me. It's almost 7 and we really have to leave. I take from him and slipped in on. When I got in his car, I replaced my heels with a pair of doll shoes.

"Can we make a quick stop? I have to do something?" I ask him. He looks at me confusedly but agrees anyway. Louis parks out of TESCO. There's not parking space around so we had to walk. Louis kept asking where we were going but I brushed it off.

I opened the black gate, passing by a few stones until we reached my dad's stone. Louis backed away a bit but when I turned, he was already far from a bit.

"So dad, I came back from a wedding... Mum's wedding." I say and took a deep sigh. If I don't lose my mind, I'll be surprised. "That song you told me about? Yeah, that song.. It played in reception. I remembered when you used to play it on full blast and we'd dance along..."

"I kind of got in an argument with her... It's only been 5 years, I mean, grandmother spent 10 year without grandad and she's happy so why can't mum be happy alone too? You said you're watching over us but why can't she see that?"

"Rick's not my father, god he will never be..." I chuckle lightly and wipe the tears from eyes furiously. "Mum said shes happy with him, though. He makes her happy like you used to... I guess I can live with that? I don't know. Its going to take a lot to be able to live with that. I mean, she's not using your name anymore which she should, right? She made a commitment.. God, commitment sucks."

Shit... I wipe my eyes with my coat and took a deep breath before I go crazy. I felt Louis's arms wrap around me and rubbing my arm.

"And yeah, this is Louis. I mentioned him the last time I visited." I said. Louis chuckled and pulls me close to him.

"Good evening, sir. Don't worry, I'll take care of your daughter." He says. He looks down at me kissed me on my forehead. "I love her so much..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Lisa and Stella left for school with their dad. Aunt Cecile stayed home with me. The whole morning, we spent it in the kitchen; rearranging the cupboards, stacking up the plates, emptying the fridge, everything we can think off. By noon, the kitchen was spotless.