Epilogue

NOTE:

I've said my thanks in the previous chapter but that's not enough for the gratitude I feel towards my readers. I could not express in words how grateful I am for being able to share this 'book' of mine and for you to enjoy it. :)

<<<***>>>

The time I've spent with him can easily be counted on my fingers. A year and 4 months. Most relationships tend to be longer before they start with a new life.

How quick time flies.

Last year, we were in Los Angeles to escape the horrible atmostpere of England.

Last year, my life felt completely useless and damaged.

Last year, I stopped halfway into first term.

Last year, I was just a girl, struggling to find my path as an adult. I didn't know where to go or what to do. So many shadows of the demons inside me obstruct the supposed clear destination.

Last year, my sister's coach was just her coach. Now, he's more than just someone special. Over the course, I'm rooted to him. Every day, I find myself falling for him over and over again like we just met for the first time. Our relationship has taken it's toll to eternity.

We were two different people. A man so carefree, loud, patient and his mood can affect everyone around him. Kind of a jerk at times but that's what he is. Then there's me. I know who I am despite people telling me otherwise. When I was younger, I'd just believe who I am based on what people tell me but that has passed.

I know that I'm responsible and independent enough for a life of my own. I know I'm capable of handling my fears and facing them when I have to. I know I have my imperfections, thanks to the desperate early stages of adolescence, but they make me who I am and I wouldn't be who I am now if it werent for them. I know I'm willing to do anything for people I care about, a lesson Milly has taught me. Mostly, I know I'm capable of forgiving, and to love.

I learned to forgive my father but not to the extent that I see him as my dad once again. He's going to have to pave his way back to earn my respect for him. I dont care how he does it or if he wants to but I'll be waiting. And yes, I loved him. That's why when he kept himself away, I was hurt.

But looking at the future now, I learned to love someone I haven't even met yet. My own son. It's strange to think about that. After all, I know I'm not yet ready for motherhood. The past few months, I've been crying to sleep, the thought of being an awful mother sinks in every night.

Every day is a day closer to meeting him and every day, I dread of failure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A knock on the door made me fumble on the utensils. I glance at the watch, seeing it's only four in the afternoon. I went to the door and peek through the small opening.

"Hi, Meg!" the twins greet me in unison. They're early! I look up and see Louis' mum, Jay, Lottie, Fizzy and Dan. Over their shoulder, I see my mum, Rick, Karen and Emily shoving everyone out of the way.

My eyes widen at the sight of her! She's gotten taller! Her arms and legs got longer and she passed my shoulder already. She wraps her arms around me, taking me by surprise how strong she's gotten. I can't believe this is my little sister! Puberty is taking it's effect on her, soon she'll be a young lady.

I laugh when she doesn't let go of me. I wrap my arm around her and move aside so they can come in. Mum smiles at the sight of us and I gladly return the smile.

"Em! Look at you! You've grown so much!" I say, prying her off me to take a better look at her.

Her cheeks are no longer that chubby the last time I saw her. Her hair has grown past her shoulders in a long wave, the section that's supposed to be covering her face is clipped behind her ears. Her collar bones are more prominent. She's put on some weight compared to the last time I saw her but that's not all. She's no longer skinny but her body's in the process of becoming athletic.