Chapter Twenty Seven

We were stood infront of Louis' front door. I look over at him and saw the smile on his face. He's that excited to see his new baby brother and sister. He pressed the doorbell and not too long, the door opened.

"Hey Dan." He says warmly. Dan smiled at him then at me.

"Come on in, you two." He takes a step aside to let us in, Louis practically pulling me inside. "They're in our room." Dan says. He turned back to me all giddy as he ran up the stairs. I follow behind him, laughing at his childish behavior.

He opens the door to his parents' room slowly. I peeked through the small opening and saw Jay on the bed surrounded by Louis' sisters.

"Stop spying and get in here." Lottie shouted and threw the door open. She immediately hugged her brother and pulled him in. I stood by the doorframe and watch the happy family admire their new additions.
Louis kissed his mum and laughs at something she said. They have such a beautiful family that the smile on my face just formed there.

I felt a hand on my back making me jump. It was just Dan. "I didn't mean to scare you." He says then chuckles.

"It's okay." I say with a smile.

"Look at that guy," he points at Louis who's cradling a baby in his arms. "5 little sisters later and his reaction has never changed."

He looks like a little boy who just found out he's having a little sister for the first time. He's already got 4 little sisters but he looks like this was his first.

"He's gonna be really protective over them." I say, not keeping my eyes off the 22 year old boy who looks like a 7 year old at the moment.

"No doubt. Come on, let's take a sneak peek." He says pushing me in the room. I told him it was fine but he's already got me in before I could reason out even more.

"Hello, darling." Jay smiles at me warmly from her bed. "Hi, Jay. Congratulations on the twins. They're beautiful." I say. She nods at me as a response before Louis stood behind me. I turned around and catch a glimpse of his baby sister.

I move the blanket from her mouth, making her scratch her nose. "She's so adorable." I whisper in awe. She has bright blue eyes like her brother's. "What's her name?" I ask.

"Doris, I think. Yeah we're gonna spoil them rotten." Louis says, both of us laughing. "Hold her for me?" With his words, I was taken back.

"No, Louis... I... I... Haven't held a newborn in..." But before the words came out, Doris was already in my arms. My arms trembled and scary thoughts took up my mind. What if she cries, what if she falls, what if I drop her, what if she doesn't like me...

"You're doing a good job if you ask me." Louis says with both of his hands on my shoulders. My infinite number of what ifs seem to go away when the baby girl in my arms smiled and held my finger with her whole hand.

"Oh my god." I was in awe. That feeling of accomplishment when a kid likes you.

"Oh she is cute." Louis says, stroking her chubby little arm. "Just like her big brother."

I chuckled and elbowed him on the chest. "Would you stop admiring yourself for just one day, honestly." I say.

"No promises, love." He cocks his head and started talking in a baby voice, cooing little Doris.

"You're gonna make her choke!" I tell him. She's been laughing her head off the past 10 minutes.

"I think I'll know." He says. "Don't be sassy, you little prick." I tell him.