Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

When I got up, I had a really bad headache. Milly mentioned I looked really pale and they've never seen me like this before. I know I have never felt like this before. But that was 3 days ago. I try living everyday like nothing happened in that occasion; trying to act as if your life didn't just turn around.

The feeling is that you've finally accepted something for so long, trying to convince yourself to move on from something so horrid. You've finally accepted that truth. Then something else is shoved in your face and your forced to accept it again.

And that person who shoved it back in your face is someone you thought was dead. Apparently not! They just made you think they were dead and out of nowhere they wanted to come back?

I actually thought this year would be better than the past years I've had in university. I've been looking forward to this year since I was 19 years old. Now I feel like I'm dragging myself to June just so I can get out of here because of everything that just happened.

This lunch time in school, I excused myself from Ellison and Alanna. I didn't have lunch with Milly and Perrie today because I couldn't find them anywhere. Because of what happened during Zayn's party, the two of them have been very cautious around me and Milly kept asking if I felt like fainting or nauseous. They something think it's a health condition for me like I'm always losing consciousness but it's not. Well somehow it is but it's not something I can control. My anxiety levels just go up really fast and it's too late to always stop it,

I went in the back of the school that lunch time and pulled the envelope from my bag. I haven't actually read it because I'm scared. I haven't prepared myself for what I'm about to read but that's always been me. I'm never prepared for anything. All the important events in my life, I'm never prepared for it. They just come right in my face that's why I'm always stuck with a stupid reaction.

My fingers were shaking so much and fumbled as I opened the envelope. Unfolding the paper alone was nerve wracking. It's a letter from my supposed-to-be-dead father, how am I supposed to react?
There has to be an explanation!

"Hey,"

I gasped, crumpling the paper into my bag when I heard a voice behind me. I turned around glared at the person who just gave me a heart attack.

"You bastard! You nearly killed me!" I slap him but he didn't flinch. Vlad's always been a dickhead anyway.

"I see you've got the letter."

How did he know about that? He chuckles and flips my bag open, taking out the crumpled piece of paper and open it up again. What does he know?! There's no point in lying to him because he looks like he knows more than I do.

"How'd you know about my letter?" I ask him, leaning on the school wall.

"Remember when I told you about Elissa? Yeah, she knows your dad and she knows me. I know about this letter even before Nigel did" he says and holding out a piece of photograph to me. I take it from him and flipped it over.

It's my dad...

"And you'd better read the letter.. It explains a lot."

I stare up at him narrowly. He raised his eyebrows at me and hands me back the letter.
"Come find me when you're done." He says before turning around and walking away. Vlad? Out of all people I have to talk to him about my father?

I stare at the paper again and immediately recognize my dad's handwriting. It's a bit messy but somehow elegant. The date alone speaks a lot and my confusion started escalating quickly. Why would my dad pretended he's been dead for 5 years?