Chapter Twenty Three

It didnt take me 10 seconds to dislike Melanie. She's a massive whiner and I have a feeling shes a gold digger. As far as I knew, we're not a very wealthy family. Dad's got some cash but not richer-than-the-queen or I-can-buy-25-Ferraris cash. But I've seen Melanie's type, even worse.

They target the helpless older ones; the drunk ones to be exact. Especially those with family problems and help them ease the pain. They use seduction, their captivating youthful looks, perfect assets and slender body to drag men out of reality and into a new world with them. What really bothers me about dad and Melanie's disgusting relationship is how can he, a 45 year old man clearly married, get involve with someone nearly as young as his daughter to escape his personal hell? Isn't that what marriage is for?

Both of us were sent to the nearest clinic after I tackled her cause, well, I slammed her against the wall and when she shoved me off, I tripped and hit my face on the floor. And my nose bled. The nurse said it's not broken just badly bruised.

Dad's pacing infront of us. There's like a 10 meter distance between Melanie and I. Dad left the room when a nurse came, Melanie got up and stood infront of me in a dominating way but, come on. She's as intimidating as a white mice. She may be older and taller than I am but she literally doesn't have a composure.

When dad was in the same room with us, Melanie didn't speak. She kept sending me death glares that dad didnt notice. She kept looking at me like I'm stealing her boyfriend away from her. Who does she think I am? Another pimp?

"You do not have a place with him in this world. I don't give a single shit who you are but-"

Yeah, she definitely thinks I'm a pimp. 'Im his daughter, you skank' my inner voice screams. I mean seriously, do I look like a skank to her?

"Shut your gob, I don't care what you are to him." I cut her off. She's my dad's pimp, thats what she is. I don't understand why dad would resort to a 25 year old and if he did, for how long?

I heard footsteps getting closer but they were more like running. I look up and saw aunt Cecile running in the room with Louis. He must've went over the house but I was probably already tackling Melanie at that time. Melanie turned around as well and her eyes widen at Louis.

Yeah he's gorgeous... Take your eyes off him. In my head I already slammed a brick on her head but in reality, I was close to doing so.

"Your dad?" Aunt Cecile asked me through a whisper.

"He went out, I don't know." I told her then she lets out a sigh and went to the same direction as my dad did. Louis stood beside a potted plant without making any eye contact with me or the pimp who's eyeing him from head to toe like she's about to suck his dick any minute.

If he thinks I'm mad at him, I'm not. Most people think smoking is not a huge deal but for me it is. I haven't held a cigar in years and I'm not planning to. It left a mark on my body and my soul; it won't fade away. He peaks through the hair covering his eyes and we held eye contact for a short while until aunt Cecile comes back with my dad. They're fighting again.

"Take the girl home, Edward! Meg's not going to talk to you after what she's just seen, I don't want to talk to you either, what were you thinking?! She's gone through a lot and you had to put more on her shoulders. For goodness sake, just go home" I heard my aunt yell at my dad. Ever since dad came back, I always hear aunt Cecile yelling or getting stressed over the littlest things. Did she know that dad was having an affair? Does mum know?

"Mel, come on, let's go home." Dad said, calling over the pimp. She sighed and followed after him. Now they're living together? What is he thinking? He's looking like a fucking pedophile. Dad turned back to face me but I turned around quickly, not wanting to see his face. Now I know why he disappears a lot. When I'm sure they left, the tears I've been holding in just came out.