Untitled Part Nineteen

Start from the beginning

"You went to go see her? Let me see." He said and I gave him the ultrasound photo.

"I ain't missing no more  appointments I tell you that." He said kissing my hand.

"I'm waiting to do the 3D ultrasound. That way we can see her face and stuff." I explained.

He nodded. "What the doctors say?" He asked.

"Hmm?" I asked him grabbing a Twizzler out the pack and eating. "want some?"

"What the doctor say Imani?" He said looking over at me.

"Uh, she said that I uh-I um prolly should not work and stuff and wait until next semester to finish school." I said.

"Why she say that?"

"Because my blood pressure's been high a little bit." I said

"She told you to basically go on bed rest because your blood pressure was a little high?"

"Okay, it was a lot of high but Im doing better I promise." I said.

He sat quietly.

"Brandon?" I asked. "Brandon please don't be mad at me."

"I'm not."

"You're not?" I asked that was easier then I imagined.

"It's my fault. I should have been here. I'm the reason you stressed out." He said and got quiet again.

I didn't want him to blame himself, Baby and I are fine.

"Listen, it's not just that. I changed my major kinda late, which set me back and I've been grinding trying to make that straight so-"

"Don't make excuses for my behavior. You never stress with school."

That's very true, especially because now I'm pretty much finishing things at my own pace.

"The baby and I are fine. It's no need to beat yourself up over it." I said genuinely.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Yes babe, they just don't want me to give birth early." I said "but everything is developing and functioning properly.

"Well that's a relief." I said and I kissed his cheek.

"We are here." He said and I looked at the small restaurant that seemed to be closed. I shook my head knowing what he'd done.

"Did you shut this restaurant down?"

"What kind of money you think I got? We going to that place right there." He said and pointed to  the Apple Bees. I shrugged my shoulders and began walking in that direction. 

He was dying of laughter. "Babe, I'm just playing. Yeah I got the restaurant for just us." He said.

"Brandon, do you know how hungry I am? You can't play about my food like that." I said.

"I didn't think you'd take me serious about taking you to no damn Apple Bees." He explained.

"What's wrong with Apple Bees?"