He smiled at me like I had just told him something great, "you know you want me to do somethings to you that's why your acting like that."

"What?" I said to him with a confused look on my face

"You missed me, didn't you?" He asked as his hand gently stroked my cheek and I felt the electricity from his skin on my mines

"No" I said in a firm voice to him

"Right" he said as he pulled me to his face and gave me a kiss softly

The kiss was everything I could've dreamed of. I moaned into his mouth as our tongue moved around. I was lost in the kiss for a minute, did not come back to my senses until I heard someone clear their throat behind me. Turning around I saw Chris behind me with his right eyebrow lift.

"You ready for dinner? Dad is ready" he said looking at me and not acknowledging James who was behind me

"Yeah I'm coming in a minute Chris" I said before turning back to James. "I have to go James, my family is waiting for me"

"So your not coming over to the apartment?"

"No I'm not" I said looking at him with a straight face

"Did I do something to you?" He asked with a sad look in his eyes

"I just want space from you for a while that's all"

"How much space are we talking? Chloe your getting me upset honestly."

"I just need a couple of days" I said looking at him feeling as if he was manipulating me

"Your gonna regret this space you want when you realize you need me" he said then Walked off

Closing the door, I returned to my family who were waiting for me at the dinner table. I was going to tune out the issues at had with James the best way I could.

------
4 days later
Thursday
Chloe

I had not had much contact with James since he showed up at my house on Sunday. He sent me flowers on Monday with another note attached which I also let the instruction of coming to the apartment go unanswered. Tuesday he sent me gifts from Tiffany & Co. which I refused when the delivery came but James just sent the person back to deliver it with a strong message to not refuse it. Wednesday I had not received anything so Thursday it was a bit of a shock to find Amber at my door with Lunch.

"Hey" I said surprise to see her at my house

"I know, my brother has totally been down my throat that I get you to come over and he tried to blackmail me if I did not come" she said as she rolled her eyes.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yes he's a jerk so I already know he deserves it. But I got us lunch from Taos so we can talk about it" she said as she walked into my home

Amber walked into my home as if she had been there already before. She found the kitchen quickly and started to take the food out the bag.

"I wasn't sure what you liked so I got a little of almost everything with James credit card. I mean he just doesn't know what he got himself into by giving me his card!" She laughed causing me to laugh too.

My smile or laugh must have been a dead give away because she said, "what's wrong with you? Your being weird again"

I could not hold it in any longer and just blurt it out, "why didn't you tell me about your daughter?"

"What? Who told you about Ally?"

"I just googled it and it was suggested. I wasn't sure but yeah" I said lying to her

She looked at me as if she did not believe me, "I don't like to talk about my daughter because I want to protect her at all cost. She's just a sensitive topic and I don't know people's intentions just like I didn't know her fathers intentions"

"I'm sorry it happened to you" I said sympathizing with her

"Yeah at least I got my daughter so it was not all bad"

"You didnt press charges?"

"I wanted to but my father thought it would be bad for business. Can you believe that? And my brother agreed, yet another reason why I hate my brother. I'm really not sure why you are with him, the best advise I could give you is stay away!" She said looking up from the counter she had been staring at.

"I broke up with him because he was too controlling"

"Yeah I think so too"

"But I care and like for him deeply" I said sounding unsure

"Your just gonna learn the hard way" she said as she opened up the containers of food

"I'm not sure what I should do"

"You should leave him alone Chloe. Your a nice girl. I'd hate to see your life get ruin because of my brother"

"Yeah I won't let that happen"

"That's what they all say but who knows. Lets vote to make this a girls night. Forget about my stupid brother"

Smiling at her I said, "sure "

That night, I felt like me and Amber got closer as friends but I also question my relationship with James even more.

-----
A/N
Thoughts ?, Comments? Let's hear it before the next chapter!