Chapter 19

*3 Weeks Later*

As the weeks went on, I was in total bliss with my relationship with James. He had become my one and only, if not more. We spent almost everyday together. I was at James apartment more than I was home. I also haven't seen much of my family or Sofia and for the first time in weeks, I had finally notice when I woke up to a text from Sofia.

Sofia: Do you remember me?

Yes Sofia I'm sorry I haven't been around

Sofia: Oh now your sorry uh?

Yeah 😔. Want to have lunch today? I'll even pay

Sofia: High roller I see. Sure, 12:45 @ 40 carrots. I need to pick up something at bloomies.

Lol pick up something? Yeah right. I'll meet you there.

I turned over on the bed to see James putting on his suite. He smiled at me before placing a small kiss on my forehead. I smiled happily back at him.

"What are your plans for today" He asked as he fixed his tie

"Going to lunch with Sofia and most likely shop because she has something to pick up"

"Oh you can take my black card and buy whatever you want"

"James you already brought me enough. I don't think I need anything more. I still haven't even wore half of the stuff you brought me 3 weeks ago"

"And? Why is money a issue to you"

I rolled my eyes at him. "Because I don't want to be looked at as a golddigger. I'm not working so anything I get is from you."

"I don't see the problem here"

"And that's the problem! How can you see me living off your money not a problem?"

"It's simple Chloe Hearings, your my girlfriend and soon to be wife. Why would I have a problem"

I again rolled my eyes. James lately had a tendency of referring to me as 'Chloe Hearings' or his 'soon-to-be wife'. No matter how many times I told him we had a long way to go before that can happen, he still tells me otherwise. I was beginning to get annoyed. At first it was cute but now it seems more controlling than ever.

"My name is Chloe Williams. We are not engage-"

"Yet. We are not engaged yet" He said with a smirk

"So until then my name is Chloe Williams. Like I said I'm not comfortable spending your-"

"Our. Our money"

"YOUR money. But thank you for the offer. Asshole!" I said as I got up from the bed

Shaking his head, he laughed at me as I walked by him. Holding onto my arm he yanked me back towards him. "Chloe I'm not in the mood to argue. Take the card and buy what you want." He released my arm. Then taking out the card from his wallet, he threw it on the bed.

As he walked to the door he said, "Use the card and stop complaining about money. Do you know how much money I made just by standing here arguing with you about it? Probably $500,000 in those short minutes. Stop worrying and talking so damn much. Your starting to really annoy me. You can use the driver. And let's not revisit this topic again. It gave me a fucking headache and ruin my morning"

After his speech, he walked out the bedroom door leaving me standing there in shock. James had never spoken to me like that before with so much authority in his voice. He didn't just tell me what to do, he was demanding I do it. It had me scared not to use the card now or further pleading a case to him. I was becoming tired of the arguments so I decided to just use the card to end it there.