Chapter 12

Calling my dad had to be the most nerve racking thing ever. I was scared of speaking to him before the phone even rang twice.

"Hey Kid, how are you?" My Dad answered in a friendly tone.

"Hey Dad, I'm good. How are you doing?" I said.

"I'm doing good, just at work going over some reports. How was your night. Sofia called earlier and said you would be at her house."

"Yeah I slept over after a long night."

"Yeah understandable but it would be nice to know your plans changed. I just wanted to know where my child is." He said in a strong tone of voice

"Yeah Dad I get it. Listen I'll call you later and see you at home. Love you!" I said in the sweetest voice

"Love you too, see you later."

Ending the call with my Dad was immediately followed by a phone call from James.

"Hey Princess." He said as soon as I answered.

"Hey Baby."

"Hmm I like it when you call me that. You have to say that when I arrive home one evening in that sexy voice with little to no clothes on."

"James your making me blush!"

Laughing he said, "What are you doing?"

"Just laying in your bed. What are you doing?"

"In a meeting but took a break to call you."

"Oh what time your meeting will be done?" I asked

"Soon but definitely by the time lunch. I want to have wonderful lunch with my girlfriend."

I blushed when I heard him say that, "You know all the right things to say."

"Of course I do. Megan will be over soon to help you with wardrobe."

Frowning I asked, "Who is Megan?"

"The personal shopper from Saks Fifth Ave that will be bringing you something to wear to lunch. I know your going to tell me you have no clothes so I solved the problem." He said in pleasing tone.

"I don't know, I liked wearing your shirt. It is long enough to be a dress the way it fits."

I could hear his smile on the other line, "That would be a sight to see. Babe I must get back to this meeting. Have Sonya call the driver when your ready."

"Ok later baby." I said as I hung up the phone.

As soon as I got off the phone the doorbell rang. Walking to the front door, Sonya held the door open as staff rolled in two racks of clothing. A tall brunette followed in with what looked like runway clothing on and killer heels to match.

"Hi, you must be Chloe. I'm Megan, Mr. Hearrings personal shopper from Saks." She took my hand and shakes it while eyeing me up and down.

"Hello nice to meet you." I replied. "I thought James only sent an outfit for today's event. Seems like a lot of clothes here."

"No sweetie. He ordered you several outfits as well as shoes. But the shoes are on their way up." She answered as she looked through her iPad.

"Oh ok." I said as I pulled out my phone to text James.

Me: You ordered me a new wardrobe and several shoes?, A bit much James.

James: No it's not. Now you have clothing at my place so you don't need to complain about going home

Me: You knew what you were doing by not telling me.

James: Sorry?, babe it's just clothes, no big deal. Just enjoy it and wear something I picked out for you.