Chapter 18: Visit

B#37 - Oamil P.O.V.

We finally reach the girls' base. The girls now are very alert. They are holding out their rifles and they are positioned in front of their leader's hut. We are hiding in the bushes in front of them.

"Hey, dude, what now?" Jay asked in a whisper.

"I don't know," I answered.

"Well, you go first then me," he said.

"What! Are you crazy?" I asked him.

"Well, who wants to go here in the first place?" he said.

"Well, who wanted to go with me here?" I said.

We both look at each other. I push him and he falls to the ground. He created a rustling sound. I take a peak at the bushes and see that all of them are looking over here.

"What was that for?" he asked.

I put my finger on my mouth and he opens his mouth, as if he is about to speak. He suddenly nods and look at the girls. He looks at me and he points at them. I raise my eyebrow at him and he points again at the girls. I follow where he is pointing and see a girl approaching us.

"Who goes there?" she asked.

We both look at each other. We start to push each other. I look again at the girl and she is pointing her weapon at us.

"If you don't speak, I'll shoot you," she said.

Jay suddenly grab my shoulders and push me out of the bushes. I roll down and stop at her feet. I look up and she is pointing her nuzzle at my face.

"Who are you?" she asked with a cold voice.

"I-I-I'm Ch-Charles," I answered.

"What brings you here?" she asked.

"I-I w-want t-to s-speak to your l-leader," I answered.

"For what?" she said.

She puts the nuzzle near my face.

"W-Well--" I said.

"Stop, Karen!" someone shouted behind her.

I peak out my eyes on Karen's legs and see Alex running at us. My heart suddenly feel relaxed.

"Did you shoot him already?" Alex asked Karen.

"No, not yet, do you want me to shoot him now?" she asked.

I feel paralyzed at the time. I look at Alex and she smiles at me.

"No, put that thing down," she said.

Karen then put her weapon on her side and walks away. She offers her left hand, as if helping me to stand up. I take her hand and try to stand up. My knees are a bit shaky. As I get on to my feet, I look back at the bushes and see Jay looking at us. I look back at Alex.

"What brings you here?" she asked me.

"I just want to talk to you," I answered.

"Okay, let's go to the hut," she said.

She drag me to her hut. I fight her grip and she looks at me, confused.

"Can we also bring Jay with us?" I asked.

She widen her eyes.

"Jay is with you?" she asked.

I nod in response. I point my chin at the bushes and he reveals his head and body. She smiles and wave at Jay. Jay waves back.

"Of course, he can," she answered.

I smile at her and look back at Jay. 

"Jay, c'mon!" I shouted at him.

He suddenly runs to us and he is on our side.

"Let's go?" she said.

The three of us walk to the hut. She go in first and we stop at the door. Jay pushes me in and I push him too.

"C'mon, go inside," he said.

"No, you go in first," he said.

"C'mon guys, come in," Alex said.

We both look at her and she is sitting on one of the chairs. My arms feel weak and Jay pushes me in. I look at him furiously and go inside. He follows me. I sit on one of the chairs and Jay sit on my arm rest.

"So, what are we going to talk about?" she asked.

Jay punches my right shoulder. I look at him and his expression is like, he's not listening. I look back at Alex and she is smiling. I wave at Alex to come closer at me. She pulls her chair closer. I put my mouth on her right ear. She leans over at me.

"Let's meet at the northern shore at five and there, I'm going to tell you something," I said.

She sits again properly and she look at me with eyes full of questions. She shake her head rapidly.

"Why? Why would you want to go there if we're already here?" she asked me.

"Well, I want it a bit private," I whispered.

She nods slowly and look at the floor. I stand up and walk to the door. Jay follows me.

"Wait!" Alex said.

We look at her.

"At the northern shore at five," she repeated.

I nod at her and we walk outside. We pass the girls and I salute at them. They look at me in confusion. We continue to walk to the woods.

"What was that all about?" Jay asked me.

"What that?" I asked him.

"The salute!" he shouted.

"I don't know," I answered.

"What do you mean you don't know?" he asked again.

"I really don't know," I answered.

He shakes his head and look again at the path. We walk quietly back to our base.