Chapter 13: Despair

G#48 - Villaroman P.O.V.

I gather the eight bodies that died on our base. So much for Rachel, she betrayed us. I wipe away the tears from my eyes.

"Tammy and Stacy are here!" shouted Kimberly.

I look at Kimberly, she's waving her left hand, her back facing us. I see a figure from the forest, it looks like Tammy is carrying Stacy. All of the girls-except me-run towards them. They all look very worried for Stacy.

I hear Lily gasps.

"What happened to your right foot?" she asked.

"Well, got blown off," Stacy answered.

I take a breath and approach the two. I see Tammy puts Stcy on the white sand. My eyes widen in shock. Her foot is totally in no good condition. Her bones are destroyed and we can see her flesh. I see Emily vomits.

"Put her in the clinic and treat her very well," I said and walk away.

I didn't look back again, the sight disgusts me. I go up at the hut and look at the sea. The sight is really breathtaking but, this is the place where we will die.

G#25 - Garay P.O.V.

Tammy slowly puts me down on the small bed. She goes to her bag and starts to dig up her things. I lay down and feel the pain to take over me again.

"Oh God," I said.

I look down at my foot and I almost vomit. Is that really what happened on my right foot? Man, I wish I'm dead right now rather than experiencing this hellish nightmare. I see Tammy takes out a small green bottle, a gauze, cotton, and tape from her bag. The green bottle probably is the medicine. She approaches me.

"Just--put it--gently, 'kay?" I said.

"Sure, but this sure is gonna hurt," she replied.

I see that she puts the medicine on the cotton and gently press it to my right foot.

"Ow!" I said.

"Sorry, just a little more pain," she said.

She continues to press the cotton on my wound. She then gets the gauze and cover it with the tape on my right foot. She puts another batch of medicine on my wound in my lerft leg. That didn't bring much pain. I slowly look at Tammy.

"Thank you, I owe you big time," I said.

"How many times did you said that today?" she asked.

"Uhm, I think, ten times," I answered.

She didn't answer. There's a noise coming from the transmitter.

"Hello? Is this, okay?" a female's voice said.

The voice sounds familiar.

"It's your beautiful class adviser, Ma'am Lorraine!" said Ma'am in a cheerful voice.

B#43 - Taruc P.O.V.

What? Ma'am Lorraine is taking over now? What happened to Sir Chard?

"I'm the one who's announcing for this noon broadcast," she said.

"Okay, here are the list of your dead comrades, starting from the boys."

"Number one - Abao."

"Number four - Acas."

"Number seventeen - Duna."

"Number twenty-three - Gallora."

"Number twenty-nine - Lazaro."