"Hey you," I say, squatting next to Y/N as I set one of the two bags on her stomach.

"Hey, kid." She replies, taking that bag and tying it shut just like Paul does.

"You look like shit." I say, handing Paul the ice bag in my hand before sitting beside Y/N as Paul takes the ice bag from Y/N and sets it on her knee after her ankle was covered with ice.

"I know right?" She asks, groaning, something probably throbbing or cramping up.

"Hey, relax, watch the game, keep your mind off of your ankle and knee." I say, looking to the field to see Tobin get her foot behind the ball and send it up to Mal. Y/N sits up in my periphery, so I scoot over a little to let her lean back against my shoulder, and we watch Tobin score. Canada kicks off again, and Alex gets the ball as soon as they drop the ball to the midfield and drops to Carli, who gives us a beautiful opportunity to score, and Mal gets on the end of the cross, scoring off of a poor deflection. I guess Y/N scoring and getting hurt rattled Canada, because the rest of the game nothing happens, and we won the gold medal match with a 3-0 shut out. When the game is called, I help Y/N up and onto the field with the help of Sonnett, and we celebrate with the team, Tobin, of course takes Y/N off of our hands and we all head into the locker room to rest while the ceremony is set up, you know, the medals are gathered, bronze winners are escorted onto the field, flags are set up to be lifted, the podium is set up, all that, and we just put on our warm ups.

-
Y/N
-

"Y/N/N?" I hear as I sit in the chair in front of my locker, I look over to see Tobin looking at me worriedly. "You okay?" She asks and I nod.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." I say and she sighs, scooting her chair over to me and hugging me.

"Talk to me." She whispers in my ear and I sigh.

"I'm just shocked." I say and she pulls back to look at me.

"Shocked?"

"Four years ago, I pretty much helped Sweden win and send us home without anything to show for our efforts at the Games, and tonight, I just helped us win a gold medal that we could've had in 2016."

"I'd be bawling my eyes out if I were you, honestly." Tobin says and I rest my head on her shoulder.

"It's just hard to believe how much I've matured, how much of a better player and person I am than I was four years ago." I say and Tobin kisses my forehead.

"Because you actually believed in yourself since Rio. You let yourself grow." She says and I smile a little. "And God, have I loved being there to watch you grow." She finishes and I smile to myself as Jill pokes her head in telling us that we need to get back out on the field, so Ashlyn helps me this time, because having Tobin on my right side wasn't helping much, she's like, three inches shorter than me, because I'm a fuckin' tree now.

"Come on, you gimp." Ash says, putting my right arm around her shoulder and helping me out onto the field and behind the platform we're supposed to step on.

"Oh fuck, that's high." I say and Ash chuckles.

"Don't worry, Fish, I got you." She says and I nod to myself, gently gripping her hand that was holding mine, we stand through the whole ceremony, Brazil won bronze, and Canada, of course got silver, so we had to wait for them to get on the podiums and get their medals, before we were declared gold medalists.