34

Last year, Tobin and I spent Christmas with her family, so this year, we're spending it with mine. Both parents, my sister, my niece, Tobin and myself.

"So where are we headed?" Tobin asks as we get out of Allie's car. "Thanks Harry." Tobin says as I continue to freeze my ass off because there's still fucking snow on the ground.

"We're flying to Dallas-Fortworth. Lydia, and my folks will be waiting for us there and we'll get the rest of the story from there." I say and Tobin nods, pulling me close as we walk into the airport.

When we land at DFW, Tobin and I grab our bags from claim and head over to where my sister said she was waiting with my folks. Our flight from PDX got delayed because the take off line was worse than the fucking DMV. I smile as Lydia hugs me before hugging my parents as Lydia hugs Tobin, turning and taking Bri from Lydia, smiling at my niece who stares at me like I'm strange.

"Okay, so, give me my offspring." Lydia says, walking past and taking her daughter back. "I've rented two cars. Mom, dad, you're with me, you two will drive the other one."

"I'm going with Y/N and Tobin." Dad says and I watch as Mom smacks his chest gently.

"Ethan. You're not riding with the girls, they can handle themselves." Mom says and I smile at her as Tobin slips her hand into mine. When we get outside, Lydia tosses me a set of keys and I watch Tobin catch them for me, when we get to the cars, there's a Jeep Wrangler and a Chevy Silverado. Tobin's got the keys to the Jeep, and I'm guessing that since Lydia has Bri, she's going to have the Silverado the whole time.

"So we're going to drive to Lubbock, spend the night there, and then in the morning, we're going to drive from there to where Jill took you guys for boot camp that one time? Starts with an R?"

"Ruidoso?"

"Yeah, that place, you made it sound fun." Lydia says and I shrug.

"We couldn't really do much besides practice, recover, and fuck around in the hotel and arcade, and do the zipline, and ride the paddle boats, and there was golf, but nobody went near that. Okay, it was fun. But the hotel was six miles from the field we practiced on. Usually they're closer than that."

"You could understand though. Security." Tobin says and I sigh, nodding.

"But, like, the middle school had a better field." I say as Tobin loads our bags into the back of the Jeep.

"It was turf, babe."

"I took a ball to the mouth, babe. I'd rather risk an ACL, than a lost tooth, these are permanent. Lose one you're fucked. If I wanted to lose teeth, I'd play lacrosse or hockey."

"But ACL surgery has long ass recovery."

"Tooth gone forever."

"I'm not going to argue with you."

"Yes, because you don't want a toothless girlfriend."

"They argue like they're married." Lydia says and I turn my attention to my sister.

"I will steal your child."

"You've got yourself a keeper there, Tobin." My dad says as I take the keys from Tobin, walking around the Jeep to the driver side.

"Actually, I'm a central attacking midfielder, a striker, and a keeper. List all positions and not just one." I say as I get in and smirk as my dad nods at me, silently telling me that that was a well played comeback. When Tobin gets in, she grabs my hand and kisses the back of it.

"I love you, please don't be mad."

"I'm not mad, Tobs. I promise."

"It sounded like you were mad." Tobin says as I start the jeep.

Talex Who (Tobin/You)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara