17

A/N: So I'm going to quickly explain my weird little update schedule that I abruptly adopted right quick. A couple weeks ago, I decided that I'd like to do something special for the seventeenth chapter of this story, which is about a girl with a 17 on her back, so I'm publishing this seventeenth chapter on my seventeenth birthday, April 28, 2017, just because I thought it'd be cool to post chapter 17 of a story about number 17 on the day that I turn 17 in the year 2017. You probably won't appreciate this little joke as much as I do, I know my mom didn't, so yeah, sorry for wasting your time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

About a week after Y/N took us both to get checked by a doctor, and not just athletic training staff, I sighed as I sat on the couch, watching  Y/N run around the house like a chicken without a head, not that I've actually seen that, but I sit up a little, which makes Y/N snap her head over to me.

"What are you fussing about?"

"Where's my kit bag?" She asks and I furrow my brow.

"What? Why? Which one?"

"My national team kit bag." She says and I sigh, trying to remember where she put it when we got back from New York.

"Did you check the trunk of your Fusion?" I ask and she sighs.

"No, I can't find the keys." She says and I nod.

"You put them in your Thorns bag." I say and she disappears upstairs and comes back down with the keys to her Ford, disappears into the garage and comes back with her national team bag on her good shoulder, since her left clavicle is bruised, as is her left radius, her knee was just bruised, not the bone, just the knee itself, that's fine now, lucky her. "Why are you looking for your national team bag?" I ask and she sighs a little.

"I'm going to LA to see my dad, and I'm going to be there for two weeks, I don't want to slack on my training. I'm finally back in the midfield, I'm not going to let that position be pulled out from under me again. Never again." Y/N says and I sigh.

"Your dad?"

"Yeah, his birthday is coming up." She says and I nod.

"Why can't I go?" I ask and she looks at my ankle, then up at me, then back up at my ankle, finally stopping to look me in the eyes.

"You're kidding, right. You know I'm not letting you do shit until that ankle is healed." Y/N says and I sigh, watching her dash upstairs and just lay on the couch with Sortzen as my pillow, waiting what seems like an eternity for the return of my girlfriend. When she does come down, she's got a duffle bag on her good shoulder as well as her USWNT kit bag, and her real backpack hanging from her left hand as she fights with her Range Rover keys and her phone in her right hand as she speaks on the phone with someone. "Yeah, I know, I get it, no, I completely understand." Y/N says as she disappears into the garage and comes back into the house with the phone still pressed to her ear as she gathers a few more of her things while Sortzen and I watch her. "So it'll be you? Or Kling?" Y/N asks as she wanders into the kitchen, coming back into my sight with a bowl of fruit she cut up earlier and a bottle of water. "Okay, I'll let her know. I'm on my way out now." Y/N says before hanging up and looking at me.

"Hi." I say and she smiles, walking over and petting Sortzen before kissing me softly.

"Okay, so, I'm headed out now, I'm leaving Sortzen with you, and I'll be back in two weeks, and until you're released to play again, Linds, Kling and Allie are going to be taking shifts to keep an eye on you." Y/N says and I roll my eyes.

"I don't need babysitters." I say and Y/N raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah you do, you can barely walk, Tobin Powell Heath. You need babysitters. Be lucky its them. I could've told Tyler to keep an eye on you." Y/N says before kissing me again. "I love you, I'll be back in a few days, don't hurt yourself further, and play nice with Sortzen. Alright?" Y/N asks and I nod, reaching up to scratch Sortzen's head, smiling as I get another kiss from Y/N before she heads toward the garage. "I love you." She says as she approaches the garage door.