50

"Hey, Y/N/N." I say, coming up behind Y/N in the hotel gym, kissing her neck softly as I wrap my arms around her. She was drenched in sweat, and on her knees because she had just finished a intense looking piece of choreography, don't know what song it was, but damn, my girl can move.

"Hey, Tob." Y/N says, standing up, and turning to me. "What's up?"

"Just came to check on you." I say and Y/N smiles, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"I'm fine, alive, just working out, dancing a little." She says, slipping from my grasp and walking over to a stool that has her shirt, phone, wallet, and a small towel on it, grabbing the towel and wiping the sweat from her face and tossing the towel over her shoulder.

"I was also wondering if you'd want to get lunch with me." I say and Y/N sighs, turning to me with a pout.

"I can't." She says as I walk back up to her, setting my hands on her hips. "I've got a press conference in ten minutes." She says and I chuckle.

"And you're down here sweating your ass off." I say and she shrugs.

"I may be half Cuban, but that's half, I'm not Lauren Jauregui or Camila Cabello. I'm not worthy of an ass as good as theirs." Y/N says and I chuckle. "But yes, it's not like the press is gonna be up my ass."

"Christen better not be up my girlfriend's ass, I'll lock her in a closet." I say, smiling as Y/N smiles, laughing.

"Don't, closets are scary. She might be kidnapped by Canadians." Y/N says and I raise my brow at her.

"You mean Narnians." I say and Y/N shrugs, grabbing her things.

"Same difference, right?" She asks, laughing a little, I shake my head at her.

"You're ridiculous sometimes." I say and she looks over her shoulder at me as we walk out of the gym together.

"You love me." She says, gently pushing me against a wall in the hall and kissing me softly. "So I'll be done in a little while, and after, we have that team dinner that Jill insists is mandatory. We'll consider that a meal together, because I know we're both not down to do sprints tomorrow after training." Y/N says and I nod at her.

"Behave." I say and she rolls her eyes.

"Fine."

-
Y/N
-

I sigh as I take a seat on behind the little table in my jersey, Dawn said Jill insisted, so here I am, in my jersey.

"Y/N, you've been playing like a completely different person this entire tournament, what's been going on?" Someone in the crowd asks and I shrug.

"I've just been taking the game more seriously lately, and it's paid off."

"Will your game change when you get back to Orlando for the rest of this season?" The same person asks and I shrug.

"I've gotta get out of the Finals without anything broken or seriously injured before I can definitively say whether or not I'll continue with this intensity of play following this World Cup." I say, waiting for another question.

"So, Y/N, in the last three games, you've taken three blows to the face, have you acquired a concussion following any of those hits?" Someone asks and I chuckle.

"Nope, none, hard headed little one." I say, smiling a little. "But I really haven't." I say, waiting for another question to be allowed to be asked, I can't pick my own questions, the team's PR person is choosing all the questions.

"Y/N, you've been playing on the same team with your girlfriend since before you were dating, how does that affect the way you play?" Someone asks and I sigh, thinking for a second, it's been three years, been a while since I played single.