7

About a month after I got the news of Y/N and Danielle, I was out at the mall just spending time with Meghan, when I hear Y/N's voice, so Kling and I turn around to see a smiling Y/N jogging over to us, when she gets to us, she hugs us tight and smiles again.

"Hi." She says and Meghan and I share a look before looking back at her.

"You do know this is Portland, right? Not Orlando?"

"Yeah, I know, we have a bi week, so I came to spend some time with Danielle. I just landed an hour ago and I came to get something to surprise Danielle." Y/N says and we nod.

"You wanna shop with us?" Meghan offers and Y/N shrugs.

"Sure."

-

The next day at practice, as Danielle stands on the sideline making sure nobody gets hurt or dehydrated, Y/N walks up behind her and rests a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, Dan, I think I pivoted too quick, my ankle popped." Y/N says and Danielle turns to her. 

"Where does it hurt?" Danielle asks, and Y/N pulls out what she bought for Danielle.

"Right here." She says, letting Danielle see her face.

"Oh my god! Y/N!" Danielle cries out happily, wrapping Y/N in a tight hug, making Y/N grin like I do when I hear Y/N say my name, and I sigh, going back to practicing. Being a good friend for Y/N through this relationship of hers is going to be hard.

-

As the season ticks on, we get closer and closer to our second game against the Pride, this time in Orlando, but as that time goes on, the longer Y/N and Danielle's ridiculous relationship continues. I'd say I'm not complaining, but I am complaining. Bitch stole my girl. But what can I do besides slap on a fake smile and fake my support toward the relationship that shouldn't even exist? Y/N is happy and that's really all that matters, Y/N moved out of Alex's house about two months after the first game of the season because the two wouldn't stop fighting about Y/N being with Danielle, so it only made sense for Danielle to stay with Y/N for the week that we were going to be in Orlando to get used to the temperature change. I'm going to stay with Alex, Kling is staying with Kreigs, and the rest of the team is staying in a hotel. But we're still up in the air, about two hours away from landing, so I wasn't very worried about anything for now. Not until we land at least.

When we land, Danielle leaves everyone behind, obviously in a rush to see Y/N, I mean, I'm excited to see her too, but damn. After grabbing our bags from the claim, Meghan and I go to the front where Alex and Ali should be waiting for us, and they are, so we walk over to our hosts for the week and I smile at Y/N, who was obviously waiting to see Kling and I, judging by the exasperation on Danielle's face.

"Okay, you've seen them, can we go now?" Danielle asks, but Y/N ignores us, hugging Kling first before acting like I'm radioactive.

"I promise I'm not contagious." I say and she giggles that cute ass giggle of hers before hugging me tight, after a second, she steps back from the hug and smiles. 

"Well, I'm hungry, so Danielle and I are gonna go. We'll see you guys around, yeah?" Y/N says and we all nod as Danielle drags Y/N away from us.

"I hate that girl." Alex says and I look over at her.

"Why?"

"It's so obvious that she's using Y/N."

"Well, I don't like her either. She's a bitch to me and Kling now."

"Yeah, like, she used to be hands-on with the entire team so she can know everything for when Jeff is gone, but now she just glares at Tobin and I when we're in the training room and Jeff has to treat us himself." Meghan says and Alex rolls her eyes.