14

When Y/N and I land in Miami with Sortzen on his leash, we walk to luggage claim and head out, but as we leave the claim area, Y/N squeals and takes off running, since I had Sortzen's leash, and I watch  Y/N run up to this girl and hug her tight. I quietly follow, low key jealous as I approach Y/N and this stranger as they hug it out.

"Oh! Tobin!" Y/N says, reaching over and grabbing me, pulling me closer. "This is my big sister, Lydia." Y/N says and I smile a little.

"Hi." I say and Lydia smiles back.

"So I finally get to meet the great Tobin Heath, the girl who's stolen my sister and her heart." Lydia says and I shrug.

"Y/N's the one that spent all of last year in the U.K. and the year before that, she could've easily driven down from Orlando, she had tons of time to visit you, I'm just the girlfriend. Her pillow at night." I say and Lydia chuckles.

"Just treat her right, yeah? And bring her down to visit every once in a while, she tends to get caught up and not make time for anything else but soccer." Lydia says and I nod.

"I'll try my hardest." I say and Sortzen hops up, putting his paws on Lydia's leg.

"And who's this?"

"That's Sortzen, my dog." Y/N says and I nod. "I got him the last time I played for Portland." Y/N says and I smile as Y/N intertwines our fingers and rests her head on my shoulder.

"He's such a sweet heart." Lydia comments and I nod, calling Sortzen to my side.

-

After Lydia had dropped us off at our hotel, Y/N jumps at me, wraps her arms and legs around me before letting her momentum pull us to the bed and I laugh as I land over her.

"You're cute." I say and she shrugs.

"I try." She says and leans up to kiss me, which I gladly reciprocate and pull away after a short moment.

"So what are we doing here in Miami?" I ask and she shrugs.

"Well, my sister might be reserving a place for dinner for us tonight, so we should be ready for that, but also be ready to get our own dinner in case her husband decides to be a complete jerk. If the reservation works out, there's a 99.999% chance that my niece will be there too."

"Your niece?"

"Yeah, my sister's 4 month old."

"How do you know about her four month old if you haven't spoken to her since she left Cali to come here?"

"We've been texting for a week, babe." Y/N says and I nod.

"Okay." I say, watching as Y/N gets her phone from her pocket.

"That's Lydia, I'll take this." She says and I nod, getting up.

"I'm gonna take Sortzen for a walk so he can relieve himself." I say, taking Sortzen's leash and walking with him out of the hotel and around a few blocks so he can get his exercise while he finds the spot he wants to use as a bathroom. When I get back to the hotel room, I take the leash off of Sortzen's collar and let him out on the balcony so he can sit out there with Y/N, who is still on the phone, or in the middle of a completely different call.

"Yeah, we'll be in Orlando tomorrow then." Y/N says as I sit down on the empty balcony chair, petting Sortzen since he's sitting next to the chair I'm sitting in. "Yeah, alright, we'll see you tomorrow then. Love you too, Lex." Y/N says before hanging up and looking over at me.

"Alex?"

"Yeah, she wants to see us before we go back to Oregon, so we're going to go and spend a couple of days in Orlando and come back here and spend some time here as well before heading back home." Y/N says and I smile. "What?"

"You're cute when you're organized."

"I'm hardly organized, Tobs, I just have a general idea of how this week is going to go." Y/N says and I nod.

"Okay." I say and she rolls her eyes.

-

At 5, I'm dragged out of the hotel, since Sortzen was asleep and he sleeps longer and heavier than Y/N does. Outside the hotel, Y/N dragged me to a blacked out Range Rover, where she opened the passenger door, opened the glove box, grabbed the keys and looked at me as I watched her with a raised eyebrow.

"What?"

"Did you just break into someone's car?" I ask and she smiles.

"Yeah."

"Seriously?"

"My sister brought this for me while you were walking Sortzen. Don't worry, I'm not stealing someone's car. She got this for me when I went to Portland."

"Why? It wasn't doing you any good here and she could've spent that money on something else." I say and she nods, shrugging.

"Try telling that to her, we thought I was coming to Miami to work with her at the company she works for. But Jill changed everything." Y/N says and I nod.

"Well, sick car then?"

"Thanks bro." Y/N says before going around the car and gets in the driver seat while I just stare at her through the passenger door. "What?" Y/N asks and I chuckle a little.

"You just bro'd me." I say and she nods.

"Yeah. Come on." Y/N says, waving me with her hand and I chuckle, getting into the passenger seat. 

When we get to the restaurant, she parks, turns off the car and looks over at me as I still look at her incredulously.

"You good?" She asks and I chuckle a little.

"How do you have a Range Rover that you've never driven?"

"My family is close. That and in college, my car was stolen. She was going to drive it up to me, but her husband refused to let her. God I wanna kick that dick in the dick." Y/N says and I kiss her hand that's been intertwined with mine the entirety of the ride.

"Well, there will be no dick kicking tonight." I say and Y/N sighs.

"Ugh, fine." Y/N says and I smile.

"Come on, before your sister frames me for kidnapping." I say and Y/N smiles too, getting out of the car with me, meeting me behind the car as she locks it and we walk into the restaurant hand in hand. Once we're at the table with her sister and brother-in-law, Y/N smiles as her niece reaches for her and smiles even wider as she takes Lydia's daughter from her outstretched arms, and I just smile at the adorable sight of my girlfriend holding a baby.

-

That night, as Y/N and I lay in bed together, I smile as she cuddles closer and presses her nose to my neck.

"I had fun tonight." Y/N mumbles and I smile.

"I did too." I say and Y/N hums.

"What do you think of my family so far?" Y/N asks and I smile.

"Your sister is amazing, but I agree with you about her husband, he's a jerk that looks like a dried up foreskin."

"How do you know what dried up foreskins look like?" Y/N asks and I chuckle.

"I just saw one, it's your brother-in-law." I say and smile as Y/N laughs into my neck, wrapping her arms around me.