Bruises exposed

Sans raced down the street. Hid lungs flared with burns every breath he took. He was not used to this much motion. Especially lately since he hasn't moved in the slightest for about two weeks. Damn has it been that long since I've seen her? How did I survive? Sans chuckles at his own ridiculousness. Sure, Jayde was one of the most important part in his live, but she wasn't his only aspect in her life. It what made their relationship healthy.

Balance, he remembered Toriels advice as soon as she found out. Balance always was a key to things working out. He smiled at this memory, Toriel was always such a good mentor to him and his brother. Couldn't imagine what would have happen to them if hadn't been for her taking them in for as long as she did, and still regularly checking up on them. She did right by them, he knew. But he couldn't help but feel guilt. She already been through so much, and taking care of two orphans wasn't making it easier. He always felt close to the old lady, he held her with the highest regard. After all, she always laughed at his stupid jokes.

Finally reaching the brick house he so often visited he stopped running. This time of year, the grass was growing anew and the tree had flower buds. Sans always loved the spring, it always gave him a little hope for something new. But now his favorite season was winter, because he didn't need that hope anymore. The winter brought that. Sans also noticed the little patch of dirt on the far side, and remembered Jayde explaining that her biology experiment had to do with a garden she was planting. He smiled fondly, she was such a hard worker, unlike him

Sans started feel light headed and could see spots in his vision. I may have to take Paps advice and start taking better care of myself..... Nah too much effort. Sans chuckles as he bends down to catch his breath. If Papa could hear his thoughts, he would have a fit. Going on and on how a proper diet and at least thirty minutes of exercise would do him good for his case of laziness.

"You know, the best way to catch your breath is put your head behind your head and look up, not down", a lighthearted voice called the teenagers attention, it was Jayde's father. San smiles once more and does what the father advised, feeling instantly a tiny bit better. He wondered where he learned that trick. Did her father exercise daily? Or was he a wizard? Sans would bet the latter of the two, he wouldn't doubt for a second that he was magic.

"I learned that through my cop training, man those were the days", he said wistfully. No disbelief that he was thinking on those days when he was young.

Right, that's what any wizard would say to get out of my stern questioning, Sans jokingly thought to himself. Of course it was because he was a cop. Sans heaved a breath, "hhuuff, thanks... where.. is Jayde?" Man did he hate being so out of breath. Maybe he would start taking Paps advice so he wouldn't have to ever be out of breath. Maybe Jayde would like him better a bit more built too...

"Inside, watching a Disney movie probably. She doesn't do much these days. She doesn't even get out of bed. Granted, she's in a lot of pain. But I'm going to be honest with you, she hasn't been acting like herself. Sometimes we wake up in the middle of the night from her screaming. I think she has night terrors. I did when I had to shoot someone for the first time...", he trailed off, deep in thought. His worry lines creased even further and for the first time since he met Mr. Brown he seemed to held his age. As if he became older in a instant. His tan skin seemed to wrinkle, his eyes seemed to loose his twinkle of humor, and his shoulder sagged. It was strange, Sans was far from oblivious but he never noticed it before. Had it always been like this? Had he just never noticed until now? "She was and still is the brightest kid I ever known. I just don't know how to reach her. She seems lost. She doesn't talk to us anymore, she just nods or shakes her head."