Darkness creeping in

Your mouth was covered by your own hand to keep you from screaming. You don't know how long it's been since you were in this hell hole, all you knew was the different scenarios you came across. Looking back and repeating them in order, somehow made you feel more sane than you really were. Matt and you were together, but weren't happy. That was the first one. No, the two of you seemed happy but you could tell something was off. You two didn't quite click like Sans and you do. Sweeping across the twinge of guilt for the lovable guy you missed, you focused back on to what you were originally doing. Matt was so  unhappy. You didn't know why, maybe it had to be with Courtney. They were really close friends after all.

Courtney had stayed your friend, but with a cost. She was also very unhappy like Matt and you. This time you knew why. She wasn't with him. That may be the reason why she went to drugs. But something tells you, it is more than that. How could she still be your friend when you were with the one she wanted, and needed? Why wouldn't she say anything? Or Matthew? So many questions, but no answers were given. Would you ever get to know why this was happening? Most likely not, since you assume this was some kind of purgatory or worse yet, hell.

You would've guessed that they; despite your marriage, went around your back to do what was the obvious seclusion they so desired. You weren't hurt by these actions, much to your surprise. You felt an endless nothing of gray sky's and dreary rains inside your soul. Nothing for Matt, nothing for your career as a nurse you'd taken after your dear mother, nothing for family nor friends, just nothing for anything. Not even for your love of writing made you feel anything. All you ever felt here was dread, cool, crude dread that ever weeped into you and your mind. Shaking every aspect of you.

Maybe that's why it had ended with you downing yourself in cheep wine and prescription drugs, which weren't yours. Downing them as if you were a thirsty gazelle in a dry spell in the desert finding a watering hole. You still felt the warmth of the alcohol running through the your trachea and your stomach, making you feel in a physical sense. Writing to no one in particularly known, you gave your goodbyes and explanation. Not feeling any remorse of your actions, you closed your eyes as you layed back on the bed Matt had called "ours". You awaited your fate with patience. As if it was magic, you slipped into what you felt, nothingness.

That was until you woke once more.

You woken back into your room. Everything felt as it should, but something still felt off. As if you were stuck in a nightmare. You shrugged it off and started to get ready for school, but what you had found was not your ordinary school clothing of your liking, but rather a school uniform of a prestigious private school. Confusion was all you knew until you found out by your concerned looking mother that you were indeed going to Prenston, all thanks to your mother and father working double amount shifts to afford it, ever since the beginning of seventh grade.

It was as it is with Courtney and Matt. Matt commuted what he did and Courtney hated you and you were friendless nobody. At least you were until you moved different schools. Your mother claimed how unhappy you were, so the best they could do was change a source of the unhappiness. True, they could not bring Matt back to life, but they did their best to make their only child happy once more.