First time in a long time

You inhaled a deep breath as you watched Papyrus enter to two way doors that lead to cafeteria. Why were you so scared about this? It seemed illogical and unreasonable. Here you are; the calm and collected, freaking out about something everybody does. But you havnt since the sixth grade... before her. Don't think about it, it's over isn't it?

"Hey you know if you really don't want to do this you don't have to", a deep calm voice pulled you out of your thoughts. Sans was looking back at you with his usual laid back attitude but you could see in his eyes there was something more. Kindness? Concern? Or was it understanding? Did he know how you felt, if so, how? A kind smile crept on his face and your mirrored it. He's being a friend.

"I know, but I also know Papyrus really wants me to. I don't want to disappoint him. Or you", you explained. "I'm just a little scared."

"Paps will be fine. He rather not hurt you, y'know? I don't know why but he's really fond of you. I on the other hand can't find a reason why. You've been a pain in the butt to me", he jokes. That's more like it, that's the Sans I know. A jerk and always goofing a round.

You rolled your eyes, as per usual with him but you smiled playfully back. "Suuuure I am, that's why I help you with your English. Just admit you'd be lost without me."

"Nah bro, I'll be just fine. Maybe failing English but ok", Sans guffaws, and you follow suit. This was your routine with him. Always playfully arguing or actually fighting. There was no in between with the two of you.

"Look I know secrets are bad for friendships b-", you tried to reflect but was cut off by a wave of the pale teens hand. Sans seemed nonchalant and had a lazy grin on his face as usual. You sighed. Maybe he didn't want to hear from you. You began to worry about this small gesture. Man I'm all over the place. Why am I like this?

"We all keep things secret and when you are ready to tell us you will. But for now I don't care." His pale face became unreadable but you still took a breath of relief. Sans then turns around and sticks two fingers up, as if to wave goodbye. "Well if your are coming you better hurry up. I'm starving. Heard it was taco Tuesday but I'm more of a hotdog kind of guy myself."

You smiled weakly. Maybe he does care but acts as if he doesn't. Otherwise why would he have this conversation with you. Why would he joke around while being not be happy. (You wouldn't call him upset but happy wasn't a word to describe him either.) Sans seemed to be a contradiction of himself. And for that you smiled more brightly. You had found someone who might get it. Afterall you are that way too.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I on the other hand, am very upset with you Alphys", a smooth charismatic voice chimes in unhappily. It sounded like a two year old whining about not getting the toy it wanted at the store but you simply ignored it.

"Wha me? What did I do?", a nervous small tone sweeps the room.

"Yeah Mettaton, let's taco about it. Maybe we can clean the air. Lettuce know what's wrong", Sans gleefully snickers out.

"ERR SANS, THIS IS NO TIME FOR PUNS! YOU KNOW I HATE IT!" Papyrus stomps his feet and crosses his arms grumpily.

"Awe c'mon bro. You know I love you from my head tomato."

"AHHHHHHHHH ONE MORE PUN SANS I SWEAR ON ASGORE I'LL GET RID OF YOUR SOCK COLLECTION ONCE AND FOR ALL!"

Sans mischievously snickers and puts his hands up as if asking for mercy. "No please don't. Besides you havnt introduced our friend to the group yet." You glared at Sans, who was chuckling away. You would've been fine just standing there, acting as if you were politely waiting to sit down. However far from the truth, you were just trying not to be noticed by anyone. You begrudgingly sat inbetween the traitor and two other teenage boys. Ew.