"Mrs. Laila Harris..huh! Even my name sounds damn stupid with yours", a humourless laugh erupted in his throat while I just blinked back the tears.

"And feed this thing in your mind you're not her, you can never be HER", he yelled out the last part and I closed my eyes feeling the thick aura around me disappeared. On witnessing his retreating bare back I heaved s sigh. Tears managed to rolled back in.

"Wife my foot", he again cursed before storming inside his room.

"HER?" My mind clicked with many thoughts. I knew that her was Inayah for whom he was mourning that day.
What she did to him that he's a such a miserable thickskinned pathetic bastard. Huh!

Why my life's way too complicated that I'm fed up of it? Ya ALLAH mercy mercy. I need it.

With his sharp words ringing in my head I instantly made way to my room, I didn't have any potential to face him.

Next morning:

Writer POV:

Hurriedly she dumped the required stuffs in her back pack and dropped it on her shoulders. Letting out some QURANIC supplication she made way out of her room to witness him busy on his damn phone with his legs on the small dinning table in the lounge. Total manerless. She just nodded her head sideways and walked inside the kitchen. Putting a piece of bread in her mouth she hurriedly gulped in the liquid. He ogled at her for a while before dragging his attention back to his phone.

She put the key of apartment in her pants pockets and left the house warming up herself for today's exam. She had little confusion in some question but whom she could ask for help, there won't be Adam anymore to give hand in problems to her. She heaved a sigh and walked inside the university building. With eyes on the book she crashed hard into someone.

"Ohh I'm sorry", his warm voice seemed raspy when he hold her arm. Blush crept up her cheeks and she hesitantly took a step back. He withdrew his hand off her arms.

"Its okay sir", she mumbled back adjusting her bag on her shoulders.

"My fault, I was lost", a small laugh left her mouth. He just smiled on her adorable gesture.

"So how's the preparation?" He asked keeping his tone as blank as possible. His heart was betraying him with each passing second.

"All good, but I have one confusion, if you can help me with that sir?" She flipped the pages of the book adjusting her spectacles.

"Sure", Adam replied, his eyes halted on the ring in her finger. Well he never witnessed that piece of jewellery on her slender fingers but that little thing bothered him. He didn't know why but it was resting in her engagement finger.

"This part and this part", her voice snapped him back to reality.

He took the book from her hand and explained her everything.

"But may I ask what are you doing here?" After thanking him she couldn't stop herself from asking.

"Well I just thought to pay visit to my students, and the visit is fruitful", his small smile was enough to take away her heart. She halted her gaze to her book.

The bell rang echoed in the whole corridor and students rushed to their respective classes for the test.

"Good luck", he mumbled with concern.

"Thank You", she bowed her head in gratitude and slowly created distance between them.

He stared her back until she was no more in his sight. With a small smile tugged to his lips he made way to his car.