[39]

jisoo was supposed to be hanging out with jennie, she was supposed to be having fun. they were supposed to be watching a movie, but all jisoo saw after entering jennie's apartment was pitch black.

no greetings, no smiles, no gestures. there was no "goodmorning you stupid brat" ringing in her ears. jisoo thinned her lips, almost frowning, but she went along with it anyway, thinking that jennie might have overslept. she didn't even have to knock at jennie's apartment to begin with, so she walked inside like its her usual doing.

she flipped on the switch, jisoo finds it odd. jennie was always such an early bird, plus its already noon. she frowned again, walking herself in, but only to be greeted by a lifeless-eyed jennie sitting on the floor, staring at the tv screen.

jisoo halted her tracks, observing the poor brunette, her brows fixed with confusion. what was happening? she glanced to see a can of beer on the brunette's hand, she widened her eyes, seeing tons of cans everywhere. there were tissues too, it was almost covering the whole floor.

is there something wrong? did something happen? all these thoughts were running around jisoo's thoughts, and she happens to think that nothing happened between both of them. why is jennie acting like this?

fuck.

"what the fuck happened to you?" jisoo kneeled beside her bestfriend, shaking her with all her might, trying to snap her from herself.

but jennie didn't move an inch, it was like she's in a daze. worried was plastered all over jisoo's face. 

 jisoo shook her bestfriend once again, adding a little force. but there was no response from the brunette.

"is something wrong? are you okay?" different questions were being asked and there was still no response from the brunnette. 

"are you eating??"

"pills... did you take your pills?"

"jennie kim!" jisoo croaked, her eyes starting to water. 

the brunette flinched, and finally, she looked at jisoo's eyes.

the older girl was taken aback, there was no colors in jennie's eyes. there was no signs of life, not one emotion was written all over her face. where was jennie? where did she go? who triggered her?

there were no words exchanged, jisoo was stunned. jennie looked.... hurt.

jisoo folded her into a tight embrace, not wanting to make jennie feel bad about herself. and she slowly felt the younger girl's arms slowly wrapping on her shoulders, closing the space between them, and jennie started crying softly. 

"jisoo... i-i miss them..."

"i can hear screaming.... my dreams, it's coming back again jisoo"

jisoo wanted to help, to help jennie fix herself. jisoo wanted to help jennie to forget her past, all of it. she wanted to help so badly, to make her feel as if she's free from all her past.

but it was jennie who was pushing her away too. it wasn't fair. jennie was always the one who was trying to fix herself,  jennie didn't want jisoo to stress just because of her best friend.

jisoo could only look at her, the feeling of unworthiness filled her like a glass full of water, and it drowned her.

accidents happen from most of people, like tripping from a stone that you aren't even aware of. like stomping someone's foot. but what if accidents are more likely what caused you the will of changing yourself?

jennie kim has a wealthy family. she grew up in a fancy life, she is used to having all maids bow before her. but she didn't let them treat her the way they treated her parents as if they're kings or queens. she likes to call them her friends, and they were thankful of that.