[41]

silence.

it was the only thing that defined the two women who are now sitting across from each other. 

the clicking of shoes can only be heard due to people walking in and out from the place, they ignored it. 

above the table was a coffee- and a half eaten pasta that the blonde ordered earlier this day, but that didn't took hours for her appetite to lose.

it was a tough morning for the blonde, stressing about life that leaded her to somewhat feel down. 

so she headed to the only place that can ease her nerves for the time being, a small cafeteria sounds good for her liking, so she went there without a haste. 

she enters the store with a slight smile on her face, ordered breakfast, found a table near the window, and ate peacefully without anything interfering her. 

but she fails otherwise, how can she be happy right now? how can she calm down when she lets her thoughts take all over her once again? most specially thoughts about sadness.

most specially jennie.

lisa sighed, letting her emotional self fill her up once more. 

but then jisoo just had to kill her mood just by sitting in front of her. the older girl must have saw her sulking.

and there we have it

six minutes have passed yet there was no words exchanged between the two girls. sometimes lisa just wanted to smack jisoo so hard because she takes too long to open her mouth. but the older girl looks like she's in a deep thought.

the blonde takes a sip of her coffee- which is now cold, thanks to herself who was being forgetful at the moment.

"so..." the blonde started, placing down her cup. making the older girl snap in whatever trance she has.

"how did you know i was here?"

the older girl didn't answer, instead thinned her lips. there was a disappointed look on her face for a second, making the blonde tilt her head. she looked at the blonde's eyes, searching for something, hoping for any clue. but lisa stared still. 

their staring continued, and the maknae doesn't know why they're doing this in the first place. 

there were a lot of customers by now, calling out for the waitresses to make their order. a kid was happily playing with his toy car with his mother accompanying him. 

jisoo still wasn't talking, lisa also does it.

she goes with the flow until ten minutes later- jisoo finally snaps out, eyes wide and all, making the confused blonde jump, blinking a couple of times.

"ohmygod!!"

"are you seriously not going to talk?!" jisoo continued, raising her arms animatedly, gaining unnecessary attention from people.

"what...?"

"oh come on, you fucking knew what i men!"

"i don't get it" lisa frowns, making the older girl breathe deeply, balling her fists, before saying.

"you have to tell me what's going on between you and jennie before i chop your legs off you ungrateful bitch"

"oh"

"don't 'oh' me, explain this. everything" the older girl sighed with defeat, and for once, lisa was scared to tell her everything.

"i... i don't know"

"what do you mean you don't know?"

she grits her teeth.

"are you scared that-"

"yes! yes.. i'm scared.. i'm scared because i know everything was my fault, that jennie is hurting because of me" the blonde clicked her tongue, fighting back tears that were threatening to fall.

jisoo's face softened.

"i'm sorry for snapping out... you know who i am.."

"i know how guilty you are for everything, i know that you care for her. but you didn't have to do that to her you know.. you knew that she was struggling with... herself"

"i'm sorry"

"and you knew how devastated she was after her parents passed away.."

the blonde looked down as tears were streaming down her face.

"i...i d-didn't want to do this" she bit her lip.

"i was so mad unnie, i didn't know what to do but let myself get too caught up with it. i ignored her for days, no weeks. maybe it became a month since time flies so fast, but i feel so empty, and everything kept on blaming me. everyday was a blur for me. my heart blames me for everything. look, i received tons of messages yet i didn't have the heart to read them, i was so scared to reply. i'm such a heartless person." the blonde had found herself crying in her unnie's arms, everything had come out from her. it was the truth, the things she had felt since the last encounter, and she was thankful that her best friend is here to comfort her.

silence crept at both of them, but it was comfortable, jisoo was giving her the time for herself to breath again. not a few minutes later the blonde had spoke again, her tears were already dried.

"isn't it unfair unnie?" she had asked, leaning her head beside jisoo's shoulders.

"i asked you to make her your best friend so she won't be lonely anymore, you promised me you won't leave her for my sake, for her sake. yet here i am, promising you to not hurt her when we finally meet, but broke it instead. i'm such a bad friend unnie, look at me, how can i even repay you" she chuckled bitterly, making the latter frown.

"hey hey, everything is not your fault. sometimes, we just had to be ready for everything, including for you to bear with her, but it turns out you weren't preparing for this at all. i told you, jennie has changed so much, you can't blame her if she became hard as a rock." lisa stared at her coffee, completely empty, jisoo must have drank it earlier.

"but atleast you got the experience. look at you moping instead of her, no actually she's moping too but not really because of you" the older girl joked lightly, resulting for lisa to punch her lightly by the arm.

"how is she?"

"messed up. you really did a great job plunging her down you know, including her past"

jisoo ruffled the maknae's hair.

"don't worry, i'm keeping an eye on her. it's just about her past appearing in her dreams"

"i thought you told me it stopped?"

"it did, but you just had to ruin it by letting her feel empty"

"wow and then i thought you said everything wasn't my fault" the blonde pouted.

jisoo released a chuckle.

"it's true though. but enough of this, you really have to talk to her"

lisa thinned her lips.

"i will"

the older girl gave her a cheerful smile after, her eyes were filled with comfort, it was almost saying that lisa shouldn't worry, that everything is gonna be alright. and lisa was thankful for that.

"good, now let me set you up for a date"

--

a/n: the last chapters we're fillers, i had to do it by reasons. i'm forever grateful to you guys who have been constantly supporting this book. thank you for being patient with me, the next few chapters will be their meeting :))