Jimin was still holding my hand. He was listening to Meiji and Tae's converstion with an occasional laugh here and there. Now that I'm paying attention, his laugh sounds bright and gentle.

I guess it was my turn to stare.

The carnival grounds were the right balance of full and empty

The carnival grounds were the right balance of full and empty. If there was too many people I would've counted my change to take the subway home.

"[Y/N], if you don't get out of your imaginary world right now and come on before the line gets too long!" Meiji grabbed my arm and began rushing toward the bumper car lane. The group had dispersed but Jimin, Yoongi, Tae and Hobi were on our heels trying to rush into the line as well. Hobi and Meiji were practically jumping.
By the time we reached the ticket counter, all of them dashed to get to a car. They were all two-seater, The boys ran to the first car they saw and Meiji bounced into Hoseok's passenger.

"Hyung, that's my partner!" Tae yelled in Japanese.
Hoseok shrugged and put on his seatbelt.
Meiji was laughing "We made a pact, Tae!"

Yoongi gestured for Jimin to come sit with him and Jimin responded with a hasty "I can't,"
Yoongi shook and head and started reaching his hand out again.
"Not you. Her," he says smiling at me.
I was shocked that he acknowledged my existence in the first place, let alone that he wanted to drive in the same car.
Jimin laughed and nudged me ahead so I just took the hint and got in the passenger side with the dark-haired boy.

"Any reason why you chose me over solitude?" I jokingly put my seatbelt on. Yoongi shrugged, his hands already on the wheel waiting to start.
"I wanted to see what you were really like,"

I chose not to dwell on that statement, it's not like I had a choice since the operator had already sounded the bell.
Immediately after, Jimin drove straight into our left side with Tae right next to him, hyping him up. Yoongi took it as a challenge and began wheeling around to retaliate. Hobi and Meiji were driving in circles before cruising at Jimin and Tae. Yoongi's competitive nature was brewing and we both cackled until we were sailing into the other stranger-filled cars.

Tae and Hobi were probably the loudest, with Tae shouting instructions to Jimin despite the fact he has was right beside him. Hoseok rammed into a number of other cars until he got to us and Yoongi busted a full U-Turn until the back slammed into our rivals. We looked like big babies, but it was definitely fun, even for this grumpy boy I had the chance to partner up with. He was laughing so hard, revealing a soft gummy smile. He never looked this alive in class. Shit, he'd be completely knocked out at his desk every first period block.

We rolled around just bumping into any random prey when a hit behind us almost gave us whiplash. I whipped my head around and could only see Tae innocently smiling at me from my angle.
"That's for taking my girl, Hyung!" I heard Jimin from my blindside. I rolled my eyes then hid my face in my jacket to hide the blush while yelling "Get em, Get em, Get em!" To Yoongi. He took off and spun back around, delivering one last sharp blow to the pair of boys before the bell sounded again and the cars came to a halt. Hobi and Meiji dizzily got out of there's with Tae and Jimin running around the ring like freaks. Yoongi got out first then walked around to my side as I struggled to step out without falling on my face. He laughed at my little mannerisms until Jimin came to scoop me up and away.
"You're having too much fun. Go get your own, Hyung," We all laughed at his greediness while exiting the ring.